Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1654 Discussions

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Revelations, Unity and Rouge doesn't start

Ikcs77
Beginner

Hi there!

I have a ASRock Intel Arc A770 Phantom Gaming D 8GB OC.

The games named in the subject are not working. With Brotherhood, Revelations and Rouge only a white box appears and then it's closes. With Unity a small picture shows up but the game do not start. 

I also have Syndicate and it is running normally.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ikcs77,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you.

We understand that you may be experiencing difficulties with multiple titles. To help resolve the issue, we suggest that you create a separate thread for each game. This approach is important because the cause for the games not launching may vary between each title. We recommend starting with troubleshooting one game and then creating individual threads for the others.

Kindly inform us of the title of the game you have chosen and provide us with the necessary details:

• Is there any error message when the game closes?
  • Is this the first graphics adapter installed on your system?
  • Does the issue persist when rolling back to previous driver versions?
  • What is the game distribution service? ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)
  • We want to further investigate this matter. We may need to have more details about your system configuration, create a report using the following tools:

• Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU) 

1. Download the Intel SSU
  2. Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
  3. Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
  4. To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Intel® Graphics Command Center:

1. Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
  2. Navigate to the Support tab
  3. Select System Diagnostic
  4. Click Generate Report
  5. Select Save and name the output file

Best regards

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Ikcs77
Beginner

I attached my config for you.

The problem is the same with every game. I try to start them, the Ubisoft connect app then shows up, which is normal, and then a white box appears in the top right corner of my screen and then nothing. It is the same every time. No error message, no nothing.

I didn't tried previous drivers, but I will now and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ikcs77,

Thanks for the information provided.

As we mentioned before, you may experience the same behavior in different games; however, the cause may be different between one or the other.

You can restore the previous driver by using the rollback option in the device manager.

• Simultaneously press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard. Select Device Manager.
  • Expand Display Adapters.
  • Double-click your Intel® display device.
  • Select the Driver tab.
  • Click Roll Back Driver to restore.

Additionally, it appears that there is still some information missing in your previous response. We want to know if there was another graphics card adapter installed on your system before the Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

Best regards

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Ikcs77
Beginner

Sorry I forgot to answer to that. No, there was no other GPU in the system.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ikcs77,

We appreciate the information you shared.

We will wait for you to try and check if the issue persists when using a previous driver version. Once you have tried it, let us know the outcome.

In case the issue persists, you can try performing a clean driver installation for our latest production driver, 31.0.101.4314. Performing a clean install of the software/drivers for any hardware can help to fix specific issues that can be associated so any additional software that might be causing malfunction.

Also, we noticed that your processor is an AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600G, which contains an integrated graphics adapter (iGPU). You can try disabling the Intel® Arc™ A770 and check if the issue occurs when only using the iGPU.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ikcs77,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Ikcs77
Beginner

I tried everythingt which you suggested but the problems are the same. I also wrote to ubisoft to see if the problem is theirs or not.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ikcs77

Thanks for the information provided.

We would like to confirm if you have tried running the games using only your iGPU. As per our understanding, the issue was still present when only using your processor's integrated gfx; however, it is not clear to us, so we would like to check the outcome of this recommendation.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ikcs77,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ikcs77,

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos