Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1670 Discussions

Bugs in ARC graphics cards driver version 31.0.101.5186/31.0.101.5234.

Przemek770-16
New Contributor I

Errors occurring in Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5186/31.0.101.5234 WHQL driver.

Known problems

Intel Arc A-series graphics cards:

In Dead by Daylight (DX11), the application may crash during gameplay.
Topaz Video AI may cause errors when using certain video enhancement models.

Intel Core Ultra with Intel Arc graphics:

Terrain damage may occur during Diablo 4 (DX12) gameplay.
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection (DX12) may crash after loading the game.
Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 (DX12): Graphical distortion may occur in the game menu and during gameplay.
In Autodesk Maya, the application may crash when running the SPECAPC benchmark test.
Blender may experience application crashes when rendering certain scenes on certain system memory configurations.
Topaz Video AI may cause errors when using certain video enhancement models.
Serif Affinity Photo 2 when running a comparison test: The application may crash.

Intel Core (12th-14th generation):

Dragon Quest X Online (DX9) may occasionally experience application crashes during gameplay.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Saabjock
Novice

I just installed the new driver (31.0.101.5186) and it is extremely fast.
I went from approximately 122-131 fps in Assetto Corsa to189.9 fps with no other changes but the driver.
It has also maintained that smoothness which I absolutely love about the card.
There is a strange behavior which I was able to replicate by using (Win+D) when running that title.
The screen would exhibit this weird artifacting...similar to what you see with bad GPU memory chips.
I found it purely by accident when trying to minimize the game to start OBS.
Needless to say, I have not done that key combination again...instead choosing to start the recorder first.

0 Kudos
Tomas72
Beginner

Perhaps problems with second display. I have this problem since update. When switching from main to secondary display, it just stays black. After unplugging/plug in second display i need to restart pc, cos displays unable handle setting.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Przemek, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. We want to further understand what is causing this errors. As such, kindly please share the following details: 

1. When did the issue started? Was it sudden or gradual?
  2. Was the system working before?
  3. Have you made any changes before the issue occurred? If you do, kindly please indicate if it is a software or a hardware change.
  4. Are you seeing any physical damage?
  5. Is the error message happening when Intel Arc is removed in your system? 
  6. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html. After running it, you will be given an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your post

For Tomas72 and Saabjock, 

I can see that you are posting a different issue. Since you may have a different system, it is best if you would be able to create a new thread. This way ,we can focus on each of your concern.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Tomas72
Beginner

Hi Ramyer.

No, i dont have other system. I have NUC12SNKi72 and i have exactly the same GUI driver as mentioned in header.

The problem occured after this last driver update.:

Description:
This download installs Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5186/31.0.101.5234 (WHQL Certified) for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics, Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, and Intel® Core™ Ultra Processors with Intel® Arc™ Graphics.
Version:
Release date:
January 24, 2024
Size:
998.02 MB

Intel system support i will send in private message if you provide me with email address.  I will not post here my MAC address and other PC sensitive information. Hope you understand it. 
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Toms72, 

I appreciate the details you have sent. However, since the product is an NUC12SNKi72, I want to let you know that the Technical and Warranty Support for Intel’s NUC 7 through NUC 13 Systems has transitioned to ASUS as of January 16, 2024.

Instead of creating a new thread, kindly please reach to ASUS official support instead using this link for technical and warranty concerns regarding your NUC12SNKi72 : https://www.asus.com/support

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Przemek770-16, 

I am just following up about the questions about the Errors occurring in your Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5186/31.0.101.5234 WHQL driver. Kindly please share it with us so we can be one step closer into finding a resolution. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
bladan
Novice

Hi everyone, I will describe here my problem that could be relate to your.

After installing 31.0.101.5186/31.0.101.5234 WHQL drivers Warzone 2 crash on start up with the error reported on screenshot

I tryed many solution founding online, delete cash, repair files, reinstall the game reinstal drivers, nothing to do... At the end I decided to roll back to 101.5085_101.5122 and the game starts to work again!

so I think that in the last drivers "101.5186_101.5234" there is something that goes in confilct with Warzone!

HW: intel arc a770LE, 32GB ram, intel i5 12400, windows 11

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello bladan, 

Thank you for sharing with us the troubleshooting that have worked for you. Although I agree with you that rolling back to the previous drivers to revert the changes made is a proper solution , we still need more information to conclude if this issue is with the 31.0.101.5234 WHQL from us. It is best to further investigate this if you can create a new thread so we can focus on what caused the error message that you received. 

As for Przemek770-16, 

Did the recommended troubleshooting by bladan work for you? You may also refer to this link for other troubleshooting steps that you can take 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005746/graphics.html to check for other troubleshooting steps 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Przemek770-16, 

I am just looking for an update regarding the troubleshooting we have suggested. Are you still experiencing the artifacting issue? Please let us know so we can further help you. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Przemek770-16
New Contributor I

I just wanted to inform you about the general errors of ARC graphics cards etc. of the given driver version i.e. 31.0.101.5186/31.0.101.5234.
Because I want to help improve your products etc.
Especially since I myself have purchased an Intel ARC A770 16GB Limited Edition Graphics Card I have always bought Nvidia Graphics Cards but I really like your Processors and trusted you and bought your most drool-worthy GPU.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hi Przemek770-16, 

Thank you for posting this information about our Release Notes in our community. Since other users have posted issues/bugs in this thread I urge each one to create separate threads for each individual issue, this is going to make it easier for other users to read and follow through.

@bladan I see you already reported the issue on Warzone 2 so we'll follow up on it at this link: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/31-0-101-5234-driver-Warzone-2-chrash/m-p/1570268

I'll go ahead and close this thread now.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
balcerek
Beginner

Hello everyone,

today, after win10 install new intel drivers: 31.0.101.5186 my screen is black.
When I start Windows in safe mode I see many problems with drivers in device manager.
My computer:
- i11600k without additional GFX,
- MSI z490 Tomahawk motherboard.
Could you help me ?

0 Kudos