Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1654 Discussions

CTD in The Crew Motorfest

kidmeatball
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to provide some help in tracking down the cause of the crash to desktop problems in The Crew Motorfest. I know several others have reported some problems already.

• CTD when visiting the Car Meet section of the game. Almost immediately when loading in to the section, the game crashes out. I think another contributor mentioned that this may be caused by the presence of custom added liveries on player cars.
  • CTD when trying to view or change liveries in the Customization section.
  • Graphical glitches when hair is rendered. See video: https://youtu.be/jdeU1KdA3a8 
    • In the video you can see that graphical glitches happen when hair is rendered in the Profile/Vehicles page.
    • These glitches are also present during the post race animations and affect NPC avatars as well as PC avatars. This is not depicted in the video.
    • When placing a helmet on the avatar, the glitches disappear in the Profile/Vehicle page. I haven't tested if this limits glitches in the post race animations.
    • Glitches are not present in the Avatar Customization screens.
  • Graphical glitches are present when viewing cars with added liveries in the vehicle selection menu.

Otherwise, the game runs fairly well. I run at 1080p with settings nearly maxed out and hit 60FPS. I can do the regular Summit races and feats. I haven't tried running Grand Races (online). I expect they will crash due to the presence of player cars with custom added liveries. I will continue to test out some features (as my patience allows ) and report any more crashes here.

Current rig is Ryzen 5 4500, Acer Predator Arc A750 OC (Driver 5444), Asus B550 Prime Plus, 16GB DDR4, Win 11 Pro (Build 22631), EVGA 650B3 PSU.

Let me know if there is anything I can test out or if you need any more info.

Edit: 

• CTD when loading into the waiting area for Grand Races.
  • CTD when encountering other players during Summit Speedtrap feat.

Crashes definitely seem related to vehicles in some way. I can drive a vehicle with a livery equipped with no trouble, but altering it or encountering other players with liveries seems to cause issues.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Muskie
Beginner

Lucky you... the game don't even launch on my side. GPU lost error. Impossible to play this game currently.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Kidmeatball,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please provide me a list of every troubleshooting step you have previously taken so I can review it and see whether I can still add any or so we can avoid repeating them.

We look forward to your response! 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
kidmeatball
Beginner

Hi Carmona,

I have tried:

• Changing various settings in the game such as running on low quality and adding in settings one at a time.
  • Reinstalling the game to a different drive (SSD, NVME.)
  • Reinstalling graphics drivers with clean install (Safe Mode, DDU.)
  • Updating graphics drivers from 5444 to 5445.
  • Disabling Ubisoft Connect overlay.
  • Updating windows.
  • Reverting any overclocks on CPU.
  • Enabling ReBar, Above 4G decoding.

I have little reason to suspect there is hardware or software errors on my machine as other games run fine. Apart from the CTD, the game appears to run quite well.

• Jedi: Survivor runs without crashes.
  • Minecraft runs fine.
  • Forza Horizon 4 and 5 both run well.
  • Horizon Zero Dawn runs fine.
  • Rocksmith+ runs fine.
  • Adobe Premiere Pro runs fine.
  • 3DMark "Time Spy" runs as expected and scores as predicted.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Kidmeatball,

Thank you so much for the response.

It seems that you have already performed a comprehensive troubleshooting steps on your end. I will now raise our case with our engineers and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos