Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1654 Discussions

Call of Duty: Black ops Cold war (Steam) graphic glitches driver 4369 Arc A770LE

MarekBazik
Beginner

Hello.

After installing the latest 4369 driver, the game became unplayable. A lot of artifacting.

I5 13600KF

Gigabyte Z790D DDR4 motherboard

32 GB G.Skill Aegis 3200MHz  RAM

Arc A770 16GB

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MarekBazik

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing artifacts issues in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War when playing with your Intel® Arc™ A770.

Were you able to confirm the issue does not happen with the previous driver version 31.0.101.4314 by rolling back and that the issue is exclusive to the latest driver 31.0.101.4369? Please try reinstalling the latest driver using Display Driver Uninstaller.

If the issue persists after reinstalling the driver, please share with us the following information:

• Share a screenshot of the in-game graphics settings.
  • Is Resizable BAR enabled on your system?
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response to get more information on the hardware configuration. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
MarekBazik
Beginner
0 Kudos
MarekBazik
Beginner

Everything is setup as it should. All BIOS and driver/windows updates done.  I build my computers for years, so I know what to do very well. The problem is not dependant on settings. Low, high, ultra, RT on/off all the same. Same artifacts in Halo Infinite, has the same problem. The clean reinstall of 4314 driver works fine. For both games.

Sorry for the late answer. Work, no time to play games.

Your sincerely.

Marek Bažík

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MarekBazik

Thank you for the information. We will further check this issue with our team, I will post bak once I have an update or in case I need more information from you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MarekBazik

We have been able to replicate this issue and it has been assigned to our driver developer team who are currently working on it, at the moment, there is no estimated time for a fix to be released but please look forward to future driver updates that should fix the problem.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MarekBazik
Beginner

Hello Hugo.

Thank you for your time.

Your sincerely.

Marek Bažík

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MarekBazik

Thank you for your understanding and for taking the time to report this issue to us. Since there are no further questions we will be closing this thread. Feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
pz76home
Beginner

This seems to happen when you change a graphics setting in the game.

What worked for me, was to delete all files in the ShaderCache directory.

C:\ProgramData\Activision\Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War\shadercache

0 Kudos
AI_Legion
Beginner

Even on 4972, the game artifacts after closing for the first time. To the point where it is completely unplayable because it hurts the eyes.

Random colors where shaders are supposed to be is not a good look for this game.

Will edit with a decent screenshot of what I am talking about here shortly.

Deleting the shader cache in "C:\ProgramData\Activision\Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War\shadercache" does work, but every time this is done, Cold War has to rebuild the entire shader cache, which takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes, and then is re-corrupted when relaunching the game anyway.

I have included a dxdiag report for system info as well, hopefully that will cover any questions about my system configuration.

I would really appreciate it someone could relay this info to the driver team, thanks!

I should also note that I am having this issue with the Battle.net version of Cold War as well, but figured I'd post here about it rather than create another thread about this game specifically.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MarekBazik

We want to let you know this issue should have been resolved in our latest driver 31.0.101.5186, please update to the latest version and let us know if the issue is resolved from your side.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Alex0072
Beginner

It might be due to compatibility problems or a messed-up installation. Try going back to the older 4367 version of the driver and see if that helps. When you reinstall, make sure it's a clean installation to avoid any issues. If things still don't improve, reach out to the graphics card company for help or check online forums for advice on your specific card model.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MarekBazik

Please let us know if you were ale to retest the game with our latest driver and whether the issue persisted.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MarekBazik
Beginner

Hello.

I will install the game the upcoming weekend and let you know if the problem is resolved.

You sincerely.

Marek Bažík

0 Kudos
AI_Legion
Beginner

5186 appears to have fixed the issue for me! No more issues with the shader artifacting, or compiling the shader cache like before!

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello MarekBazik,

Thank you for keeping me informed.

I will wait for you to test the game with the latest driver 5186.

@AI_Legion thank you for letting us know that the issue got fixed for you, after updating the graphics driver

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
MarekBazik
Beginner

It works. No artifacting, no crashes from what I've seen in the half hour I tested the game. The performance is not stellar. Averaging between 60-80FPS at ultra settings with RT at 1080p.

Regards.

Marek Bažík

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello MarekBazik,

Happy to hear that the issue is fixed, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos