Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1620 Discussions

Counterstrike 2 poor performance arc a770 16gb

miikap
Beginner

I have intel arc a770 16gb and cs2 performance is horrible in dx11 and vulkan 

vulkan stopped working on latest cs2 update  (7.2.2024) game just shows black screen at launch, didnt try it after reinstalling drivers but i have done it milion times before and tried every launch option and combos witch could work (-high -vulkan -allow_third_party_software -thread 6, 12, 13) 

best working was (-high -vulkan -threads 13)

(thread command didnt do anything or maybe like +10fps on lows, dont know)

graphic settings wont do anything to fps, just lowers latency or difference is like 20-30fps on potato vs ultra

i have also tried rtx 2060 (6gb) and performance in same exact setup is lot better, so cpu isnt atleast only problem. i dont know how it would perform now but that was about 3-5months ago

this is now with different cpu.

rtx 2060+ ryzen 7600x + 32gt ddr5 gives stable 300-400fps

arc a770+ i5 11400f + 32gt ddr4 gives something like 50-250fps

problem is worst with deadmatch on full server, where is lot blood and stuff happening, 

normal premier competive is almost playable, but latency is somethimes horrible  (90-120fps on lows, depends on map)

my cs2 settings are on screenshots

capframe x results wont tell whole picture bcouse servers was allmost empty but fps aint too good even there. 

i have tried also many kind of bios settings and those didnt do much either.

i dont remember psu model but its 750w or 650w gold plus? and high quality psu not very old one. 

game is running from main ssd. 

i have done allso clean windows 11 install, and that didnt do anything, i have now an attlas os win 11, so its just debloated win 11.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RonaldM_Intel

@miikap @Bandit8623 

The issue with CS2 crashing at launch with Vulkan should be fixed with new driver 101.5379.

Please try it out and let me know your feedback.

Regards,

Ronald M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Bandit8623
New Contributor II

@miikap 

i can confirm vulkan is not working for me as well on a770 titan in cs2.  1st launch saw splash screen then crash.  2nd launch black screen can hear backround of game.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello @miikap 

Thank you for posting in our Community.

I know you specified the CapFrameX data you shared doesn't tell the whole story so I'll proceed to benchmark the game with the A770 GPU and compare it with your results.

As for the issue with Vulkan also confirmed by @Bandit8623 - since this happened right after a game update I'll test for any driver regression (i.e. test using an older driver per example 31.0.101.4972). Edit: I forgot to ask: is the game crashing with a black screen or the game just stays running with a black screen? If the game is crashing try searching for log/dump files to share them with us.

Once I have further updates I'll post them here.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
miikap
Beginner
i tested -vulkan launch option with rtx 2060+ ryzen 7600x and it launched normally and was working fine.

arc got some new drivers but either one of last of 2 newest wont work with vulkan.

i get next week new cpu+mobo+ram combo so i can test dx11 is that still horrible with arc but if i have understood right dx 11 with arc is cpu heavy bcouse some emulation happening?

cs2 aint too well optimized and it uses some old vulkan version so dx 11 is probably way to go...

i can post some updates with r7800x3d if the cpu is only problem, anyways the arc drivers with cs2 aint too good, i would expect lot more performance than im getting. i5 11400f aint too bad cpu and i definetly would expect more performance than rtx 2060 6gt hp oem model from arc.
0 Kudos
Bandit8623
New Contributor II

@RonaldM_Intel 

can see valve logo screen then  black screen.  can hear the game in backround.

dump attached

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

I submitted both issues to our driver debug team for further analysis:

a) On CS2 performance is lower vs. competition GPU.

b) CS2 doesn't start when launching in Vulkan API.

Once we have news we'll post them here.

Thank you for taking the time to report this to us.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I have a quick update.

The issue with the black screen when launching on Vulkan was reproduced and our debug team is looking into it.

For the performance difference we ran benchmarks with the latest public driver 101.5194 (Deathmatch- 1440p/high settings) comparing with RTX 4060 and and as noted we were behind about 44% in avg FPS.

The good news is that when running the same benchmark using our latest Internal Beta driver 101.5315 the performance difference is reduced to less than 1%. (I'm also attaching the raw CapFrameX data for reference).

test.png

So, what does this all mean? Please wait a little bit as performance improvements are coming. This internal Beta should make it into a public driver very soon (either WHQL or non-WHQL).

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Bandit8623
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
TonyMongkolsmai
Employee
Ronald can you confirm this is in the latest 5333 public release on 02/26?
0 Kudos
neveta
Beginner

no,still not in,waiting this driver too......

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the late reply, it has been a busy couple of days since this weekend.

I'll need to double-check because I believe public driver 31.0.101.5333 is based on the same code of the internal Beta 31.0.101.5315.

I did a new round of tests and while there is a considerable performance uplift it is still not on the same level as before. See below:

cs2 new performance.jpg

Can you share your performance results with me while on new driver 31.0.101.5333?

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Bandit8623
New Contributor II
Vulcan still broken. And I'm not seeing any fps uplift on 5333
0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

@Bandit8623 can you share your CapFrameX data so I can get another data point for comparison?

The vulkan issue is still work in progress.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Bandit8623
New Contributor II

@RonaldM_Intel 

i had to revert back 2 drivers so mya take abit.  Valorant crashes close to every 10 minutes on 5333 and the previuos one as well.  

ill see if i can find time to test this but not likely as its a giant pain to ddu and go forward and back.

0 Kudos
Bandit8623
New Contributor II

@RonaldM_Intel 

here you go.  adding 5186 as baseline. and 5333 as current.

its a little better i suppose but not alot. 

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

@miikap @Bandit8623 

The issue with CS2 crashing at launch with Vulkan should be fixed with new driver 101.5379.

Please try it out and let me know your feedback.

Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Bandit8623
New Contributor II

@RonaldM_Intel 

game does load,  but almost crashes before it does.  waited 10 seconds and the game loaded.  improved but not perfect.

Bandit8623_0-1711066294021.png

edit-

after this first launch it hasnt done it since. seems good now.

0 Kudos