Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1620 Discussions

Devil May Cry HD Collection DMC1 Crash

Dencho
Beginner

Driver version 31.0.101.5186
Devil May Cry HD Collection on Steam
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI BIOS version F38f
32gb 4000MHz DDR4
Intel Arc A770 LE VBIOS:20.0.1068
Windows 10 Home 64bit OS build 19045.3930
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w
When selecting Devil May Cry from the Collection menu the game consistently crashes to desktop before getting to the title screen. The other two games in the collection don't have this issue.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dencho,

Thank you for posting in our community.

We understand that you are having issues with your Intel Arc graphics, as when you are playing Devil May Cry HD Collection DMC1, the game crashes.

In order for me to isolate the issue and provide the best solution, kindly provide the following information:

When did the issue start?

• Did the Devil May Cry HD Collection DMC1 work fine before?
  • Have you made any changes to the system that led to the issue?
  • Are there any error messages when the game crashes?
  • Have you already enabled the resizable bar? as it is important for the Arc graphics performance.
  • If you have taken any steps to fix this issue before contacting us, please give me those details so we don't repeat any unnecessary steps.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead! 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Dencho
Beginner

I First installed the game on January Sixth of 2024(1/6/2024)  and the Game has always crashed so it has never worked.

I have made zero system changes.

The game crashes without displaying an error dialog pop-up.

Rebar is enabled.

In terms of troubleshooting i have

• Run the game as Administrator
  • Verified integrity though steam
  • Run sfc scannow
  • Used DDU to uninstall GPU driver and then installed the latest driver

Attached is a Window error report generated today that i opened in notepad then saved as a txt file

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dencho,

Thank you so much for providing us the details that we have asked for; they were all highly noted.

By the way, we do not have sufficient details about your hardware and software configuration to help you. Please run the SSU report and attach it when you reply so I can check important details such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Dencho
Beginner

Attached report is default settings plus third-party logs.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dencho,

Thank you so much for the response.

We have already checked the SSU that you have shared, and the system game requirements are met by your system.

System Requirements: https://store.steampowered.com/app/631510/Devil_May_Cry_HD_Collection/

And upon checking your system SSU, we found that the graphics driver is already updated, as well as the BIOS.

In regards to this, we will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Furthermore, we have tried to gather more information on the issue that we have and found some relevant data that might be related or a possible fix for our issue. While we are doing further research, please try the troubleshooting steps provided on the links below and skip those that you have already tried:

And by the way, have you already updated your windows? If not, please update your system windows.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dencho,

We have already discussed the issue that we have, and to better understand it, we will still need to gather more information.

Please provide the following:

1. What are the brand, model, and wattage of the power supply?

2. Have you tried using three different graphics driver versions? If not, please try using a different graphics driver to see if it makes any difference.

Also, please check the below link, follow the steps on this website, and update us on the outcome.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/631510/discussions/2/4379130767054889918/

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Dencho
Beginner

Power Supply on Manufacturer  website : https://thermaltakeusa.com/collections/power-supply/products/toughpower-grand-rgb-750w-gold-full-modular-ps-tpg-0750fpcgus-r

Intel Driver & Support assistant Screenshot of the 3 driver versions i have used

Screenshot 2024-02-08 135308.png

The game crashes the same way running in windowed mode as in fullscreen.

The earlier posted solution instructions at: https://steamcommunity.com/app/631510/discussions/0/1742229167194405514/

are not applicable because a required step is getting to DMC1's main menu and for me the game crashes before getting to the main menu

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dencho,

Thank you so much for the response; they were all highly noted.

I will now raise our issue with our senior engineers, and with regards to that, kindly provide the following details below, as they will use them to further investigate our issue:

• Distribution Service (example: Steam, Origin, Epic, Xbox GamePass, and Ubisoft Connect):
  • Graphic Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra):
  • Resolution (1920x1080, 3840x2160):
  • Vsync (On/Off):
  • Window Display Configuration (Fullscreen, Windowed, or Borderless Windowed):
  • Tell us the steps to reproduce the issue (this is very important!).

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Dencho
Beginner

As previously posted the game is from Steam.

1920 x 1080 Fullscreen

The game has no Vsync or graphic quality option

20240212192316_1.jpg

this is a screenshot of the settings as i have them configured

To reproduce the crash launch the game select DMC1 from the collection menu and the game will crash with no other inputs

attached is a screen recording of launching the game and experiencing the crash (i cut footage of a black screen that only appeared on capture and not in person)

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello Dencho,

We will do further research and replication on this matter and post the response on this thread once available.

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
Glenn1337
Novice

Hello, 

I have the exact same issue. 

However, I do get two errors in event viewer after trying to open up DMC1.

Event 4101, Display: Display driver igfxnd stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Error 1000, Application Error: 

Faulting application name: dmc1.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ab4cad1
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3636, time stamp: 0x70aaae07
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000129c10
Faulting process ID: 0x11ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01da5dc4db250f44
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Devil May Cry HD Collection\dmc1.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
Report ID: 5648dacd-7d91-4a95-a255-78da5ba6bc21
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Yours

Glenn

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Glenn1337,

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

Please file a new case so that we can appropriately support you as well, as there will be differences between your device and Dencho.

Intel Support: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dencho,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

Our engineers have successfully replicated the issue using the A770 and even with an NVIDIA GTX 2060. However, we still do not have the solution for now, and we are still investigating or finding the solution to our issue.

Once I have an update, I will immediately post it here again on this thread.

Again, thank you so much for your understanding, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dencho,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

We were able to replicate the game-crashing issue.

The good news is that this is already fixed in our latest internal driver, so all we need to do is wait for the next 2 or 3 driver releases for the fix to be public. We will update the thread once the fix is available.

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Dencho,

Please try to cleanly install your graphics driver using DDU, then install our new release graphics driver, 31.0.101.5445. Check to see if our issue will be resolved.

If the issue still persists, please let me know.

Thank you and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos