Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1664 Discussions

Display port sound delay when outputting the beginning of audio playback Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770

MarkKD
Novice

I have the same issue as many others for almost 8 months after building a new PC. I thought I would wait for you to fix it as you state it is a known issue. 

An old thread explains exactly the issue I continue to have:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/The-card-has-delay-when-outputting-the-beginning-of-an-audio/m-p/1517674/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufExMUVEwVVRFR1NYWU1WfDE1MTc2NzR8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M7171

I thought I would wait for you to fix it as you state it as a known issue. I am using a Display port on Dell Dell S3221QS which has built in speaker.

Asus Z690-A

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770

32GB Ram

Windows 11 Pro a clean install was done today to version to 22621.2215

Have the latest ARC driver 101.4669. You admitted there is an issue in the previous post . This issue is not stated in your release note - why not? 

The same audio problem delay. If you accept this is a known issue please report it and advise a fix date - I am tired of the 200/300 ms audio delay. Work arounds adjusting ms delays in programs, just dont work

There is no point in providing you any more information - you already know about it.

I build my own system and have never had this problem before - so frustrating. I expect more from Intel - which I have always trusted and used your chips for more than 28 year

Mark

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MarkKD

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites. We are sorry you are experiencing the playback delay issue on your system at the same time we apologize for the time that it has taken thus far to come up with a fix.

We are at the moment actively working for this issue to be resolved, however, there is no estimated time that we can share for the fix to be released but I will be more than happy to check with our team and see if there is any update available. I will also check if there is a possibility for the issue to be outlined in the released notes as you suggested. I will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
MarkKD
Novice

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for your reply, I am really happy that the issue is beging taken seriously at last, it will help a lot of other users frustrated by the issue as well. Let keep the ticket open, so you can update me.

Many thanks - Mark

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MarkKD

After checking the status of this issue, I would like to let you know that we continue to work on it, however, as mentioned in our previous post there is still no estimated time for the issue to come out. Also, following your feedback, we asked the corresponding team to outline this issue in the driver release notes if no fix is implemented in the upcoming driver. We appreciate your patience and rest assured we are working on this problem.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MarkKD
Novice

Hi Hugo, 

I have just updated to driver  31.0.101.4672, the sound issue appears to be resolved. I will confirm over the next week - thanks Mark

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MarkKD

I understand that the new driver 31.0.101.4672 might have helped with this issue for you, in this case, we will monitor this thread for a few more days so you can test the driver.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MarkKD

I wanted to check if you have had the chance to continue testing your system and if this issue can be considered resolved after updating to the driver 31.0.101.4672, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MarkKD

We have not received feedback from you to know if the issue was totally resolved, however, based on your previous post we hope the driver update to version 4572 helped with the sound delay on your system. We will be closing this thread, however, do not hesitate to open a new topic in case you need further support.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MarkKD
Novice

Hi Hugo,

I have updated to 31.0.101.4676 driver now.  My sound delay was fixed with driver 4572 and with the latest driver also. 

Thanks - Mark

0 Kudos
MarkKD
Novice

Hi Hugo,

I get a little bit lost with the threads, I do apologize if this is the case. I was a little hasty in my reply. The issue is not fixed, I should say improved. There is still a sound delay. It happens sometimes, but not all the time. It really is frustrating. When I use Spotify or Tidal there can be a 2 second delay which I sort of accepted (even though I have very high speed connection).However local sound files on my PC still have a very short delay. I have upgraded to the latest driver 4826. Maybe this driver is the issue? There are many similar issues reported online.

Thanks Mark

0 Kudos
RSCPU
Beginner

I'm still getting this issue with HDMI port sound delay when outputting the beginning of audio playback Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770

CPU i5-136OOK - Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE WIFI DDR-4

I've been trying Intel GPU drivers for a year and a half and still happens.

This needs to be fixed Intel why have you not made your own driver or informed Microsoft to fix it?

Currently using  drivers 31.0.101.4826

0 Kudos