Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1679 Discussions

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - low / inconsistent Framerate

PKD-NeXuS
Novice

Hello,

I've been getting back into Quake Wars (id Tech 4, OpenGL).

The problem is, I'm getting very low and inconsistent framerates on my Arc 770 LE. GPU clocks are jumping around unpredictably somewhere between 600 and 2400 MHz.

I've checked this with drivers 31.0.101.5081 and the previous release.

Best regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello PKD-NeXuS,

Thank you for your patience. We wanted to inform you that we have thoroughly tested the game using our latest internal drivers and we have observed consistent performance that is above 60 FPS. Therefore, we are currently waiting for this driver code to be included in our public driver releases soon. Rest assured that we will continue to investigate this matter internally to implement the necessary changes as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello PKD-NeXuS

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities.

I understand that you are experiencing low-performance issues when playing Enemy Territory: Quake Wars on your system due to inconsistent clock speeds, however, can you please share more details about the low-performance issue? If possible to share a short video showing the unstable clock speed and the frame rates you are experiencing it would be better.

In addition, please share a screenshot of your in-game graphics settings, and let us know the distribution service this game was downloaded from.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello PKD-NeXuS

Please share with us the information we requested about your performance issue in the Enemy Territory: Quake Wars so we can further assist with this problem.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
PKD-NeXuS
Novice

Hello, sorry for the delayed response.

I've included a clip where you can see fluctuating GPU clock speeds and framerate. Also attached is a Screenshot of my ingame settings.

The version of the game is a retail copy (DVDs) that I've integrated into my GOG Galaxy launcher. It doesn't make a difference if I start the game via the launcher or directly via the etqw.exe.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello PKD-NeXuS

Thank you for the information. I do see the fluctuation between the FPs and the clock speed of the GPU, we know it is important to have your games working in the best possible conditions and we will be glad to assist.

We have recently released a new driver version 31.0.101.5084, please update if possible using Display Driver Uninstaller and check if the same issue happens on the latest version, if so, please share a report from the Intel® System Support Utility to get more details of your hardware configuration.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
PKD-NeXuS
Novice

Hello,

I'm already on driver 5084, the clip was recorded using it.

Attached you find a SSU report.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello PKD-NeXuS

Based on the report you shared there is a BIOS update available for your system, to ensure the best performance and compatibility please visit your motherboard's manufacturer website, download, and update to the latest version 5003, once updated, please make sure Resizable Bar is enabled in the BIOS and check if the issue continues to happen.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
PKD-NeXuS
Novice

Hello,

there has been no change going to BIOS 5003. Still the same clock speeds and framerate fluctuation.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello PKD-NeXuS

Since the issue still happens after the BIOS update, we will further investigate this problem. Once we have more information regarding this low performance behavior we will let you know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello PKD-NeXuS

I want to let you that we are still working on the replication of the inconsistent frame rate on Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, once we have more information about this issue we will let you know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello PKD-NeXuS,

Thank you for your patience. We wanted to inform you that we have thoroughly tested the game using our latest internal drivers and we have observed consistent performance that is above 60 FPS. Therefore, we are currently waiting for this driver code to be included in our public driver releases soon. Rest assured that we will continue to investigate this matter internally to implement the necessary changes as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
PKD-NeXuS
Novice

Hello Jean and Hugo,

thank you for your continued updates and efforts to get ETQW improved. It's great to hear you've found some performance once again. I really appreciate the work you and your colleagues at Intel put into improving the Arc drivers.

It's been such an awesome ride up until now and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with in the future.

Best regards

0 Kudos
PKD-NeXuS
Novice

Hi Jean and Hugo,

thank you very much for your efforts, it's great to see that the Arc team has once again pushed through to find a solution for a rather old game.

I love your work and enthusiasm and can't wait to see what's up next from Intel's graphics team.

Best regards

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello PKD-NeXuS,

We appreciate your patience. It is our pleasure to announce the release of the new graphics driver version 31.0.101.5444. We kindly suggest that you test this updated version, as it is designed to address the difficulties encountered while playing Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. 

Your feedback is very important to us, and we look forward to hearing about your experience with the new driver.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello PKD-NeXuS,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the steps I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello PKD-NeXuS,

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos