Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1656 Discussions

INTEL ARC A750 Blank Screen flashing / stops working if idle for too long.

MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I

So this has been going on sense, i've bought the gpu tempted to just switch as this point, cause at this point it's getting to the point of no return, and it's rather annoying to deal with thought it would be a good product but it's not looking like it. Screen starts to just turn off if I'm in a game for an example I'm literally playing remant 2 right now typing this on my second screen and the screen is litterally flickering off and on, and I'm unable to see with like 5 second intervals. Another, thing that the GPU is infamous for doing is if I go idle for more, than lets say 30 mins or less it'll turn my main display compeletly, unusable and my make my second display my main display and then when I try to extend the display opitions within windows, it doesn't work so then I have to change display ports, and if that doesn't work just straight  up restart my computer. I have never ran in too so many issues, before I upgraded to this gpu, so I'm unsure if this a driver issue or what. Before you answer yes I did uninstall nivida, yes I did use DDU driver uninstall twice for intel's gpu drivers. This will be my third, time reinstalling the video drivers, I have no idea how this product can be such a a flop, at this point. If any help or, support in the right direction with this issue that would be honestly great or I'm just going to get a refund at this point, cause it's not looking too good I'll tell you that much. 

CPU: Intel I5-13600K

MOBO: ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS

MEMORY: 32GBS

GFX: In the Title? ARC A750?

Montiors Dou: Acer Nitro VG240 & Pixio PX248

0 Kudos
31 Replies
MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I

I updated the windows update and I'm still getting the same issue. This has been happening since I the GPU was bought and firest installed on my system. When I installed it started happening, but I brushed it off as faulty DP cables so I bought news ones, then It just keept doing it so I opened a thread finally. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

I understand and I appreciate the information. I will give another update once I have the next steps for you.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

We are considering doing some testing on our labs to check if a similar issue can be reproduced, however, we also think there is a possibility for the GPU to be effective, so we wanted to confirm in regard to the flickering issue, Is it affecting all displays? Both the Acer and Pixio monitors, not sure if you were able to see it on the Dell was well, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I

Hey Hugo I was able to test with the Dell for a bit, and it does seem to be having the same issues, but not as often as any of the main monitors I use. Was the lab able to see if similar issues were reproduced? The flickering only affects display number two when gaming, not number one (the main monitor.) So for example say I am playing cyberpunk, or remnant two and I'm trying to watch a guide, on youtube or a video is on the second monitor the second monitor will flicker when the mouse is moved or any activity regarding peripherals i.e such as alt-tabbing and typing on said second monitor whether it be the dell, pixio, etc. Or if I'm moving my mouse it will flicker to the point where I just can't use the second monitor until I do hard shut down or I just only one monitor. Regarding if the GPU were to be effective, what does that mean? 

0 Kudos
Saveno
New Contributor I

As i said before, try to disable Hardware acceleration in your browser and it should go away. I had similar issues, my PC was always acting weird when i watched a video while gaming, listening to someone on Twitch in the background or whatever but it stopped after disabling Hardware acceleration in Chrome. I know it should not be required to do in the first place because then all the load goes on the CPU but its still better than the flickering.

0 Kudos
MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I

Sorry mate I didn't see your intinal post, I haven't had hardware acceleration enabled for any of my browser due to prior issues with other, GPU'S I have had. But thank you, for the recommendation/support you were able to offer me with. I appericate it. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

What I meant in our previous post is that the GPU might be defective in case the flickering happened in all of the monitors you tested since is only happening on one this might not be the case but is still a possibility.

We do not have the results of the lab at the moment and it might take a few days to be completed, so once we have more information for you, we will post back and let you know, in the meantime, you can try the workaround shared by @Saveno which can help with this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

We just want to let you know that we are still working on the replication of this issue. We appreciate your patience and we will give you an update once we have more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

We appreciate your patience. We want to let you know that we have run multiple tests using many different of the configurations that you reported we tested two DP monitors,also one HDMI and one DP, tested different monitors as the main monitor, and played different games including Cyberpunk 2077 in one monitor while using youtube in another one as well we tested the sleep/wake up function and at any point, during our tests, we experiencing flickering problems and when waking the system from sleep the monitors will come up with no issue.

Based on the above, our first recommendation is that you use the Display Driver Uninstaller tool one more time and update to our latest driver version 31.0.101.5081, however, if the issue persists, at this point we believe the GPU is defective so we would advise that you process a warranty replacement for the GPU, we advise that you first contact your place of purchase for this but if any issue with your place of purchase, feel free to use the below information to contact us directly so we can explore different warranty options:

U.S. and Canada: Intel Customer Support 

Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Intel Customer Support EMEA  

Asia-Pacific: Intel Customer Support APAC  

Latin America: Intel Customer Support LAR   

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

We noticed you have now contacted us directly through a (chat/email/phone) support case, so we will continue to help you through that channel with your warranty. We appreciate your patience and apologize the GPU was not working as expected. We will be closing this thread now, however, if you happen to experience any other issue feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos