Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1709 Discussions

INTEL ARC A750 Blank Screen flashing / stops working if idle for too long.

MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I

So this has been going on sense, i've bought the gpu tempted to just switch as this point, cause at this point it's getting to the point of no return, and it's rather annoying to deal with thought it would be a good product but it's not looking like it. Screen starts to just turn off if I'm in a game for an example I'm literally playing remant 2 right now typing this on my second screen and the screen is litterally flickering off and on, and I'm unable to see with like 5 second intervals. Another, thing that the GPU is infamous for doing is if I go idle for more, than lets say 30 mins or less it'll turn my main display compeletly, unusable and my make my second display my main display and then when I try to extend the display opitions within windows, it doesn't work so then I have to change display ports, and if that doesn't work just straight  up restart my computer. I have never ran in too so many issues, before I upgraded to this gpu, so I'm unsure if this a driver issue or what. Before you answer yes I did uninstall nivida, yes I did use DDU driver uninstall twice for intel's gpu drivers. This will be my third, time reinstalling the video drivers, I have no idea how this product can be such a a flop, at this point. If any help or, support in the right direction with this issue that would be honestly great or I'm just going to get a refund at this point, cause it's not looking too good I'll tell you that much. 

CPU: Intel I5-13600K

MOBO: ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS

MEMORY: 32GBS

GFX: In the Title? ARC A750?

Montiors Dou: Acer Nitro VG240 & Pixio PX248

0 Kudos
31 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I know getting screen flickering issues when gaming on your system can be very frustrating and we apologize the GPU has not been working fine for you, we will be glad to help you with this problem.

I would like first to recommend a couple of steps that are known to sometimes cause flickering issues when gaming:

1.-Disable Variable Refresh Rate (VRR):

• Go to Intel® Arc™ Control
  • Select Display
  • Select Per-Display Settings
  • Select Disable Variable Refresh Rate

2.-Test different HDMI or DP cables depending on your connection and Check if the issue happens only when using one monitor and if it follows only one of your monitors.

If the issue persists, please share with us a report from the Intel® System Support Utility to check in more detail your hardware and drivers configurations.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I

Variable Refresh Rate has been disabled when I got the GPU. As well as I just got these DP cables just in case that was the issue. When using one monitor the issues don't occur, I tried seeing if it was JUST the DP ports, but it also happens with the HDMI ports as well. Tried with other monitors too just in case it was a dying monitor board or panel and it was something to do with human intervention but that doesn't seem to be the issue as well. I'm probably an idiot, and just pretty upset with what I did wrong but here is the intel system support Utility report bewlow thank you Hugo. 

0 Kudos
MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I

Below

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

Thank you for sharing the information. If you have already tested different cables, and monitors and the same issue happens we can discard possible issues at the hardware level, however, I also see you have a processor with integrated graphics so to make sure the issue only happens with the Arc GPU it would be worth trying to connect your 2 monitors to the motherboard's video ports and please check if the same issue happens or not.

Based on the log file that you shared with us, I also have a couple of recommendations:

• There are several BIOS updates for your BIOS, which have compatibility and stability improvements. Please go to your motherboard manufacturer's website download and update to the latest available BIOS. Once the BIOS has been updated, reset your BIOS settings to defaults.
  • Update to our latest available driver 31.0.101.4953, if possible to use DDU one more time it would be better.
  • In addition, make sure Resizable BAR is enabled within your BIOS settings.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I

I think you are the right track Hugo, I updated my bios, and checked using my intergrated motherboard graphics was unable to replicate the issue, with doing so. I was able to update my intel drivers to 4953 but then kept spamming "intel unable to check for updates" so I uninstalled and reinstalled with DDU and it stopped for maybe like 14 hours, the "intel unable to check for updates" then resumed. The issue of flickering stopped all together, but the extended monitor issue still hasn't fixed it self I go idle for more than 30 mins, my main monitor still just stops becoming able to be extended but I am still able to display second display only, and that's how I am able to see the monitor. Then I'll have to change the port, and then it some times fixes and sometimes doesn't so I'll have to just reset the whole computer in order for the gpu to have extended monitor feature. Resizeable bar is enbabled, confrimed as well so that's not an issue. I noticed other forms outside of intel have the same issues, but the forms ended up going cold. I want to just fix it, so others don't have to experince this, as well as so I don't have to refund the product. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

Great to know the flickering issue is resolved after updating your BIOS and drivers. In case you are still experiencing the error message related to Arc Control driver update notification I would suggest that you open a new thread so we can ask for specific information and troubleshoot accordingly, since that would be a different issue from what was originally discussed in this thread.

Getting into the issue of losing your main monitor when the system has been idle for 30 minutes or so, I would like to know or determine whether the Operating System is the one that goes to sleep or if the main monitor is the one going to sleep. Could you please let us know if you have sleep mode configured on your monitor? Like when you got idle for some minutes is the second monitor still displaying your desktop without having to move your mouse? Or are both monitors turned off and when you move your mouse only the second monitor turns on?

Also, which one is your main monitor Acer or Pixio? Have you checked if the issue is following only one of the monitors by setting the secondary monitor as main and the main monitor as secondary, that might help us to know whether is a setting on the monitor or perhaps a compatibility issue.

In addition, I would like you to share a screenshot from the device manager to check if the monitor has been detected as expected or if they might need a driver, please open Device Manager, look for the monitor menu, expand the monitor menu, and take a screenshot.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I

Operating System is the one that goes to sleep. Acer is my main monitor. I will have to try that.

Here is the device manager for monitors 

Screenshot 2023-11-14 185601.png

 I was able to get the screen shot(s) of what I experince when I get back from idling, and what it kind of looks like for me. This time I had to do a reboot because replugging in the DP cables didn't work. 

Screenshot 2023-11-14 191210.png

I am able too show only the monitors, but I'm not able to extended the monitors for some reason, the pixio will be working fine, but the acer will not show anything when monitors become extended.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 185653.png

0 Kudos
MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I

MrMonkeyStich_0-1700059643217.png

Here is it finally working after a restart, did the checking of making second monitor my main and vice versa and it lookslike the issue still does it.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

I see you were able to test setting your Pixio monitor as the main one and the Acer monitor as the secondary display but the issue still happens, so I have a question, in this case, the issue continues to follow the Acer monitor not showing image when trying to extend or did the issue occur in the main monitor at the moment which was the Pixio/ If the issue continue to happen on the Acer monitor, Is there any possibility for you to test using your Pixio and any other monitor besides your Acer?

Also, based on the device manager screenshot the monitors seemed to be recognized as expected, so let's try to check if there are conflicting monitor drivers installed by Windows that might cause conflict :

• Go to Device Manager
  • Go to the "View" tab > click Show Hidden device
  • Expand the Monitor tab
  • Look for grayed-out monitor entries
  • Right-click on each of the grayed-out entries and uninstall them

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I

I was able to uninstall hidden device in the device manager. It still seems to be doing be doing the samething of not allowing to extended, after idling. I have a feeling that you are correct, and the ACER is the issue as I don't have any other devices to test this on and it seems to be the only monitor to have this issue. Thank you Hugo for all the help I appericate it.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

There is a possibility there is an issue with the monitor or perhaps a compatibility problem between the monitor and GPU, if you think you might be able to borrow another monitor or you can also test it on a TV we can provide more time so you can test it, however, if this is definitely not possible for you, let us know. In that case, I can pass the information we have gathered so far to check it with our team and see if there are other possible troubleshooting steps.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I

Hey Hugo I was actually able to check with another tv/monitor and I got the same error, if I went idle for more than 30 minutes and I came back I would end up not being able to extended screens unless I changed DP ports on the actual GPU. I'm curious on what else I could be doing wrong at this point. Please let me know what else I need or could help with. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

Thank you for testing on another monitor and letting us know the result. I would need to check this with our team to see what else can be done for this issue, however, I still have two requests. Please let us know the make and model of the other monitor you tested and please update to driver 31.0.101.4972 and check if the same issue still happens.

Best Regards,

Hugo O

0 Kudos
MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I

I updated my drivers to 31.0.101.4972 and I still get the same issues. The monitor I tested with was a Dell P2319H,  and I still got the issue I also started getting the flicker error back too that's off and on. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

In this case, we will continue to check these problems with our team so we can continue to assist you, if you tested another monitor and the same issue happens it would seem the monitor that cannot be extended will be whatever monitor is connected through DP, since the issue never happens on the Pixio monitor. I will give an update once I have more information to share.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

We would like to get one quick piece of information which is a report from the Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC) so we can get the full details of your monitors and also please let us know if you are using any type of video adapters.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MrMonkeyStich
New Contributor I

Hey Hugo attached is the details about the monitors. I do not use any video adapters. Thank you again Hugo for the support.

0 Kudos
Saveno
New Contributor I

If you want to try something: Try to disable Hardware acceleration in programs that are running in the background when you game (Browser, Discord and any App that uses it)
Does it change anything? 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

I appreciate the information. I will post back once I have an update and further steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MrMonkeyStich

There is a newer build for your Operating System which corresponds to the 23H2 update build 22631, you are currently using Build 22621 and we believe that updating your OS can help with this issue since the update comes with some fixes, improvements, and features, so please go to Windows Update, download and install the latest version.

In addition, I wanted to confirm since I understand the problem has been happening since the GPU was bought and first installed on your system, or did the issue start to happen sometime after installing the GPU?

Best Regards

Hugo O.

0 Kudos