Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1654 Discussions

Intel ARC A770 16GB LE Crash

Zoltán
New Contributor I

Hi all!

I recently registered on this forum to contribute to the Intel community. This year, I bought an Intel ARC A770 16GB LE graphics card.

The graphics card was causing crashes approximately every 2-3 weeks. I purchased my card in April 2023.

Around September, there were no crashes at all. However, today, with the new Intel ARC driver, I experienced a new crash.

I was doing almost nothing, just started my PC and opened Firefox to watch some YouTube videos. Then, I minimized Firefox and started watching the "Oppenheimer" movie with VLC on my PC.

Suddenly, I had the crash. I uploaded the minidump file and my PC info. I hope that helps.

Minidump file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13mET4XXtdqB-IwmjfxYUfVKZuUDLRITo?usp=sharing

Best regards,
Zoltán Tóth

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zoltán

It is great to know the issue is now resolved, we want to let you know that we have also shared your feedback related to including an automated feature to create log files after a crash with our team. We will now proceed to close this thread, however, feel free to open a new topic in case you need further assistance with any other issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zoltán

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities and for becoming a member to help others as well.

In regards to this crash you reported, before we do any type of troubleshooting we would like to know if the crashes are consistently reproducible or if it was just a one-time crash and has not happened since, or have you continue to experience this type of crash on your system.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Zoltán
New Contributor I

Hello Hugo!

This happened to me only once. If I experience more crashes with the new driver, I will inform you. Also, thank you for your reply.

Best regards,
Zoltán Tóth

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zoltán

In this case, based on the minidump file the module that failed is igdkmdnd64 which is related to the graphics driver, however, the crash could also be caused by the app itself so what we could advise is a reinstallation of the latest driver version 31.0.101.4972 using Display Driver Uninstaller, to get rid of any corrupted file or module and also keep your system with the latest updates.

Please monitor your system and we will keep track of this thread for a few more days to make sure there are no more crashes.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Zoltán
New Contributor I

Hello Hugo!

My system is all Intel-based. It always uses the latest drivers from here:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

When I install the new Intel ARC driver, I always use the "clean installation" option. (Though I have never used the "Display Driver Uninstaller" program, so I will try it). Unfortunately I had 2 more crashes with the same conditions.
Here is the dump files: 120223-8046-01.dmp, 120423-9765-01.dmp
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13mET4XXtdqB-IwmjfxYUfVKZuUDLRITo?usp=sharing

But I will try using the "Display Driver Uninstaller" program. If I experience another crash, I will inform you.
If you suggest, I can change the memory dump file precision (if that helps you more).

Zoltn_0-1701708524071.png

Also, if you have open positions on the Intel ARC team, let me know. Especially in the LLVM area : D

Best regards,
Zoltán Tóth

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zoltán

I wanted to check if you have been able to reinstall the driver using the DDU too we shared in our previous post, if so, let us know if the crashes when using VLC player are still happening.

Answering your other questions, I do not have information related to openings at Intel but you can check the following article and follow the steps for more information:

How to Find Intel Jobs at My Location

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zoltán

I wanted to follow up on this issue and also to check if you were able to reinstall the driver using DDU. I also wanted to let you know that there is even a newer driver version 31.0.101.5074so it would be better to test that one instead.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Zoltán
New Contributor I

Hello Hugo O.!

Yes, I installed the DDU and also the newest driver. I will report if I have new crashes. Also, thank you for your support!

Best regards,
Zoltán Tóth

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zoltán

I wanted to follow up and check if the crashes are still occurring while using the VLC player after updating to the latest driver using DDU. Please let us know how is the system behaving so far.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Zoltán
New Contributor I

Hello Hugo O.!

The system is now run perfectly without any crash. I will inform you if this changes. Maybe the Intel team can integrate an auto diagnostic tool into the Intel ARC control which can send reports to the programmers if a crash occur. Of course If the user enable this feature.

Best regards,
Zoltán Tóth

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zoltán

Good to know you have not experienced any more crashes on your system after using DDU to reinstall the driver. We will monitor this thread for a few more days before closing it to make sure the issue is resolved.

As for your feedback, we will be glad to share it with our team as I know it is important to be able to share log information once an issue happens so we will pass the feedback to the corresponding team.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zoltán

Please let us know if we can consider this issue resolved or if the crashes while using VLC have happened again. If the issue is considered resolved, please let us know if we should close this thread.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Zoltán
New Contributor I

Hello Hugo O.

I think the problem is now solved. We can close this thread. Ty for the support!

Best regards,
Zoltán Tóth

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zoltán

It is great to know the issue is now resolved, we want to let you know that we have also shared your feedback related to including an automated feature to create log files after a crash with our team. We will now proceed to close this thread, however, feel free to open a new topic in case you need further assistance with any other issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos