Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1622 Discussions

Intel ARC Driver Installation causes PC to Lock Up

Nazrex
New Contributor I

Ever since Driver 31.0.101.4672

Every single new Driver crashes my PC during installation.

The Installation gets to the end, and then it locks up my PC.

I have to manually reboot my PC at that point; after which the driver is installed and the the ARC Control software appears to work normally..

However, now with Driver 31.0.101.4952 that was just released today, it did the same thing but also gave me two errors... first it told me my hardware is not compatible, but it proceeded with the installation anyway, that it told me that it was not able to install an API... this it locked up my PC and I had to reboot.

After rebooting, again the Driver appears to be installed correctly and the ARC Control software is working.

But the Lock Ups during installation remain a constant problem with every driver release.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Saabjock
Novice

Search for driver installation difficulty.
I posted a temporary solution to this topic a few months back. Driver installation has been my main complaint with ARC. The card itself has been very stable and trouble-free for me...apart from a few annoyance with Intel breaking WMR over certain releases.

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Do you have a link?

Not finding it with Search... 

Would like to try your fix before following up.

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Thanks for that Saabjock!

I'll try it out with the next Driver release!

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I see that you are having issues while trying to install the Intel® Arc™ graphics driver, I will be glad to help you.  

To understand the situation in a better way, please answer the following questions: 

• You mentioned the PC lock-up when trying to install the driver, are you referring that your system freezes, is that correct? Please be as detailed as possible and if you are able to share a video of the issue that will help to understand the issue.
  • Where and when did you see the error message hardware was not compatible?
  • To know your system and hardware environment, download and attach the report for the following tool Intel® System Support Utility for Windows (SSU), you can find the steps on the link How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

Were you able to run the Intel® SSU to check your system environment or follow Saabjock steps?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Hi @Andres_Intel 

I .   

CLEARLY. 

Stated, in my last reply, that I was waiting for the NEXT Driver update to try.

However, Intel has not yet released any new Drivers for me to try Saabjock's suggestions yet.

So, when my Intel ARC Control software informs me (as it always does) that the next Driver is ready, I'll go download it and try Saabjock's suggestions.

0 Kudos