Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1687 Discussions

Intel Arc 770 Oculus Rift S Support

2MeterPeter
Beginner

Since the beginning of last year it has been said that support is coming. Now, after 13 months, I'm wondering how and when and whether support should come for these GPUs at all? If not, and not in the near future, I see no reason to continue using my GPU. Since I'm actually very happy with the Intel Arc, I would be happy if this was planned for the *NEAR* future.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello 2MeterPeter, 

Just to make sure we are on the same page, are you looking for technical support with your Intel Arc? If you are, kindly please let us know the model and the issue that you are experiencing so we can figure out the correct resolution. If you are reporting for several GPU's kindly please list them out so we can assist you accordingly as well.

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Samuel00000
Beginner

No he is not asking any of this, how is it Intel reps cannot read and understand basic English?

He is very clearly pointing out the fact that Intel ARC does NOT support VR headsets like since launch, but Intel has promised that in the near future they will bring VR support to Arc like Oculus Rift

We are in the near Future and Intel has not delivered on this so he is now thinking of switching to AMD or Nvidia.

There is noway you guys are humans this has got to be bots posting here.

And if so then it's got to be an absolute miracle that Intel functions as a company.

I know it's easier to just copy and paste random responses, maybe Intel is understaffed I mean they got rid of thousands of workers recently but reps really need to start doing the absolute BASICS like reading the OP and understanding what the OP is posting.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello @2MeterPeter ,

On your question about VR support: the only confirmation I can provide is that Intel Arc graphics support for VR headsets continues to evolve as we ramp our products and add updates to our software stack. I do apologize in advance because I know this is not the answer you are looking for but at the moment it is the only status update available.

@Samuel00000 I hear you. Your constructive and respectful feedback is a key element for us to drive improvements in all fronts so thank you. We're working internally on improving the quality of the support provided in Communities. Rest assured we do not use bots and our support staff is constantly undergoing performance reviews thus you can expect changes as we speak. 

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
STEMALO
Novice

Hello INTEL,

Please stop replying with "... Intel Arc graphics support for VR headsets continues to evolve..."

It is 2024 and you still have not done anything for VR.

My 8 year old GPU works on my other PC.

Here I have a 13th i7 with 64G RAM and a A750 and still not working in VR.

This is unacceptable.

Please reply back with a LEGIT response.

If you plan on playing in the GPU arena and the other big boys you have to get this working.

I'm giving you a month if nothing then I switch and will never purchase an INTEL GPU.

0 Kudos
2MeterPeter
Beginner
Hey stemalo,
I've already changed my GPU. So 2 weeks after my original post in this thread. If you want to change, I can recommend the RX 7600XT.This is similar to the Arc 770 in terms of performance, specs and price, or you can buy an rx7600 which is similar to the Arc 750. VR works with them and everything is fine.
0 Kudos