Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1654 Discussions

Intel Arc A770 ASRock 8GB no display at all

Cassandra
Beginner

Hello, I recently purchased an Intel Arc A770 ASRock Phantom Gaming 8G OC, however after installing it there is no display output of any kind, ni BIOS, no windows, nothing, after all the troubleshooting I've done I know this:

1. The Intel A770 LEDs light up normally and the fans spin for about 5 to 10 seconds on startup then stop.

2. The system seems to be detecting the card. After booting up with integrated graphics from a borrowed processors, I noticed the drivers for the A770 ended up installed but even after updating them to the latests version there's still no display at all, also, using integrated graphics I noticed a yellow warning sing next to the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" driver that the A770 was trying to use (can't remember what the warning said, all I remember was that it read "ERROR:31" and something about it not being the correct driver).

3. I can enter windows and do things with the A770 plugged in, I just can't see anything.

I've been trying for 2 days to get it to work and I've tried:

1. Updating BIOS to the latests version

2. Updating MoBo firmware.

3. Updating MoBo APU

4. Removing any graphics driver that are in the system with DDU (old A770 drivers Included)

5. Using diferent displays and HDMI cables (I don't have access to display port cables nor devices).

6.Setting CMS to dissabled, ReBar to "Auto", 4G decoding to "enabled".

So far nothing has worked, I also tried using the card on a similar system and it won't work either... at this point I have 2 guesses: either my mother board is not compatible or my GPU is DOA.

I am using a Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 Rev 1.2 and I know the Intel Arc quickstart guide says that I need an AMD 500 chipset for it to work with 3000 or 5000 series AMD CPUs BUT I've read online that some people have been runing B450 mother boards with Arc cards for A YEAR.

I would love to know if a Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 Rev 1.2 CAN run the Intel Arc A770 ASRock Phantom Gaming 8G OC or if a compatibility issue would be enough for the cards to show NO SIPLAY AT ALL. My specs are:

Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 Rev 1.2

AMD Ryzen 5 4500 (no integrated graphics)

16 GB DDR4 3200Mhz Memory

NVIDIA 1660 SUPER GAMING (old gpu, drivers got removed with DDU)

600w GPU (it has 2 6+2 pin cables and my system uses around 350 to 391w)

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Cassandra.

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Based on our Desktop Quick Start Guide for A-Series, as you have mentioned, it is only compatible with 5000 series processors. Unfortunately, you are using the 4000 series, which is not compatible with the Arc A770.

However, if you want to confirm if the Arc A770 is faulty or not, you may try it on another system that has a compatible processor and check if it will work.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Cassandra
Beginner

While I will take it on your word that it is not compatible, I've stumbled across a lot of posts claming to use A- series motherboards with BOTH B450m motherboards and ryzen 5 4500 this one being one of them: https://www.reddit.com/r/IntelArc/comments/17upwjy/252_days_with_my_intel_arc_a750/

Is this person lying to us? Does his pc not actually work? Seems to me all you did was go "oh, the quickstart guide says only 5000 and 3000 processors, so ill tell him to get another one" instead of actually making an effort to ask someone that ACTUALLY knows about this if my configuration wont work.

what about this post: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Intel-ARC-a770-fps-drops-in-cs2/m-p/1579937?profile.language=en ? this person is using an intel arcA770 with ryzen 5 4500 but actually gets display. Is this person lying aswell? why wouldn't the person who answered tell them to change to another processor? Do only some ryzen 5 4500 work with arc a770? I swear if this is the kinda support to spect from you guys then I made a HUGE mistake buying an arc GPU

0 Kudos
laurawatson
New User

@Cassandra wrote:

While I will take it on your word that it is not compatible, I've stumbled across a lot of posts claming to use A- series motherboards with BOTH B450m motherboards and ryzen 5 4500 this one being one of them: https://www.reddit.com/r/IntelArc/comments/17upwjy/252_days_with_my_intel_arc_a750/

Is this person lying to us? Does his pc not actually work? Seems to me all you did was go "oh, the quickstart guide says only 5000 and 3000 processors, so ill tell him to get another one" instead of actually making an effort to ask someone that ACTUALLY knows about this if my configuration wont work.

what about this post :https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Intel-ARC-a770-fps-drops-in-cs2/m-p/1579937?profile.language=en ? this person is using an intel arcA770 with ryzen 5 4500 but actually gets display. Is this person lying aswell? why wouldn't the person who answered tell them to change to another processor? Do only some ryzen 5 4500 work with arc a770? I swear if this is the kinda support to spect from you guys then I made a HUGE mistake buying an arc GPU

You should give it a try with different configurations or ask the intel support. Sometime the drivers are missing and they prevent the machine to fully utilize its features.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Cassandra,

We wanted to inform you that motherboards have different implementations, especially in their configurations.

And as for the compatibility, since your processor is not listed on the compatible processors of Arc, it is possible that the discrete graphics card may not work or might work, and if it might work, the performance will not be as good.

That's why we have recommended you try it out on another system that has a compatible processor and check if it will work.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Cassandra,

In an effort to further diagnose the problem, we wanted to also provide you with the following article:

"Black Screen, No Display Issue after Installing Intel® Arc Graphics Driver with AMD* Processor"

"No Display Signal on Startup on Systems with Intel® ArcTM A770/A750 Graphics"

Additionally, we would like to confirm whether the system components, specifically the motherboard and processor, are identical to those with which you have mentioned that the GPU works. If the issue persists despite similar specifications, it might be prudent to attempt testing with a different motherboard and processor to more accurately isolate the cause, provided that such testing is feasible.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Cassandra,

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Cassandra,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos