Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1593 Discussions

Intel Arc A770 Davinci Resolve and OBS Studio

Rhysepewpew
Beginner

Hello,

Just purchased an A770 GPU to replace a GTX1080. This is paired with a 12700KF CPU.

Can't launch or run Davinci Resolve nor engage GPU encoding for OBS Studio nor Resolve.

My system is 90% used for video editing, so the A770 pretty useless without this support.

Any info avaliable? I've contacted Blackmagic Design also.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Rhysepewpew,  

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support for graphics.  

We are sorry to hear you experience problems with can't launch or run Davinci Resolve nor engage GPU encoding for OBS with Product Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics. We are glad to assist.  

Let us gather the entire information about the problem in order to provide a possible solution.  

Can you provide error screenshots/a video showing the computer problem. 

What is the application /game showing the computer problem. 

What steps did you complete as possible fixes? 

If you have an available 3rd party dedicated graphics card AMD/NVIDIA, does the problem happen as well? 

What is the step-by-step for reproduction purposes? 

Please download, run and reply back attaching the .txt file of the tool Intel® System

Support and a graphics report (For download go the link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600 ).  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html 

Thank you for choosing Intel. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
Rhysepewpew
Beginner

OBS is working now. I didnt' realise it needed updating.

Davinic Resolve still will not load. Games crash when playing. Windows 11 bluescreens.

Can you provide error screenshots/a video showing the computer problem. It's very difficult to grab screen shots of the crashes. I've not seen any errors shown.

What is the application /game showing the computer problem. Blackmagic Design - Davinci Resolve 18, Cyberpunk 2077, Grand Theft Auto V.

What steps did you complete as possible fixes? Removed all drivers in Safe Mode, reinstalled drivers, removed/reinstalled software, contacted Blackmagic Design, updated system drivers, searched online for possible solutions.

If you have an available 3rd party dedicated graphics card AMD/NVIDIA, does the problem happen as well? This A770 is replacing an Asus GTX1080. There were never any problems with using it.

What is the step-by-step for reproduction purposes? Installing and running the application.

Rhysepewpew_0-1673735304441.png

Is there no OpenCL support?

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Rhysepewpew,  

Thank you for the updates.

• Check any game/program updates or try a reinstallation of the game software. 
  • What is the game/program Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), resolution/refresh rate selected, Vsync (on/off), Display (Fullscreen/ Windowed / Borderless Windowed)? 
  • What is the game/program Distribution Service the game ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)? 
  • If the system includes onboard graphics, try it with integrated graphics lowest configuration for testing/reproduction of the problem, does it happen? 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
Rhysepewpew
Beginner

Hi Luis,

I have enabled full memory dumps. Will capture on the next crash.

All games are up to date, some have been reinstalled. Most of the game crashes happen while changing graphics options.

Getting the game to it's default setting allows the game to run however quite poorly.

The games tested so far are through Steam. The 12700KF has no intergrated GPU.

Thanks

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Rhysepewpew, thank you for the update. 

Once you capture the dump files, send over the info along with each in game video configuration Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), resolution, Vsync (on/off), Display (Fullscreen/ Windowed / Borderless Windowed)

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
Rhysepewpew
Beginner

Hi, Ihaven't had a blue screen happen yet. My problem is still there being no OpenCL.

Rhysepewpew_0-1674111505872.png

I disabled Resizable Bar for testing to see if OpenCL would work.

This is the main problem. I need it fixed. Could the video card be faulty?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rhysepewpew
Beginner

Ok I installed a test card. GTX1050

Rhysepewpew_0-1674123732623.png

It would appear that OpenCL is broken. I tried replacing the opencl.dll files. Actually this is one of the first things I tried.

Still nothing.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Rhysepewpew, thank you for the update

Please clarify about Resizable Bar, what did you mean thats the main problem? Does it work better without Resizable Bar on?

May we get for each in-game the video configuration Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), resolution, Vsync (on/off), Display (Fullscreen/ Windowed / Borderless Windowed)

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
Rhysepewpew
Beginner

No, disabling resizzle bar did not fix the problem.

OpenCL on my 12th Gen Intel system is broken.

I put the A770 into my 7th Gen Intel system and OpenCL is supported.

opencl2ndpc.gif

I'm guessing that I'll need to reinstall Windows 11 on the 12th Gen Intel as all the guides to fixing this problem do not work.

0 Kudos
Rhysepewpew
Beginner

So I don’t know how but installing the Nvidia drivers, safe mode DDU uninstall Nvidia then install A770+driver looks like fixed it.

workings.pngopenclworksnow.gif

Will test over the weekend.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Rhysepewpew, thank you for the clarification on this. 

Please go ahead and reinstall the operating system to correct any configuration missing files.  

Let us know the outcome results. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
Kushikush
Novice

It looks like the problem was with the a770 drivers. I would assume from "So I don’t know how but installing the Nvidia drivers, safe mode DDU uninstall Nvidia then install A770+driver looks like fixed it." That there was something faulty with the original a770 drivers installed. I myself have had plenty of issues with my gpu, and I always find that a fresh install of the drivers fixes the annoying problem. 

Would love some input on this yourself intel? Regardless, I enjoy the product and like that I have a build up path.

0 Kudos
Rhysepewpew
Beginner

It's working now why on earth would I reinstall windows.

Pretty poor support Intel. I'm kind of wish I had just bought Nvidia.

I was thinking this was going to be a mistake.

Not good man, not good.

0 Kudos
Anglerfish
Beginner

I writing this pretty late i know, but for anyone who´s have this same problem, this is NOT Intel´s fault, uninstalling  graphics drivers is recommended in windows safe mode because that mode uses windows default graphics drivers instead of Intel ARC drivers and if some part of this drivers is in use due to some effects which are using graphics accelerators on a graphics cards, then can´t be removed and that is what causing this problem so this is more OS related "problem" than graphic drivers and support. And as a PC builder i always recommend fresh OS install after changing CPU/GPU brand if it´s possible that´s the best way to avoid these problems. I have ARC A770 LE and i had other GPU in my system i removed drivers via DDU in safe mode and i have no issues since i installed A770 LE. And as a proof of having A770 LE screenshot attached

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Rhysepewpew,

Thank you for the update, I am glad to hear the problem fixed now. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Luis A.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Rhysepewpew

Thank you for the feedback provided on this interaction, we want to provide our customers with the best support experience.

We will keep the case open for a couple of days. If you encounter any issues again, please report back to investigate, we're here to help. If we don't hear back in the next few days, we will close the case and it will no longer be monitored.

We hope the issue is resolved and if you have any questions please let us know.

Best regards,

Luis A.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Rhysepewpew,

It was a pleasure to always assist. 

If you need additional support, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Luis A.

0 Kudos