Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1658 Discussions

MASSIVE graphical bugs on sonic frontiers using the newest 31.0.101.4644 intel iris xe driver

KayLilac
New Contributor I

hello again!

on the newest graphics driver 31.0.101.4644 for the iris xe integrated gpu a lot of massive graphical bugs have appeared on sonic frontiers, i'm here to report some

broken lighting:

the game's lighting has completely broke, shadows are pitch black along with shading being darker than normal and there is a strange black line on the sky

20230816144455_1.jpg

20230816144742_1.jpg

20230816144916_1.jpg

20230816145507_1.jpg

20230816144439_1.jpg

invisible trees + many kinds of foliage is still a big problem (i have already reported this on a previous post but i feel like i should mention it again):

20230816144506_1.jpg

water is pure black:

20230816144952_1.jpg

20230816145458_1.jpg

  

i gladly await an response!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello KayLilac,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you.

To better assist you regarding your issue, please provide us with the following:

• When did the problem start?
  • What is the game distribution service? ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
  • Could you share a screenshot of the graphics settings?
  • Create a report using the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel SSU). This would help us determine if your system is up to date and review further details about your system.
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
KayLilac
New Contributor I

hello!

the problem started after i updated to the newest 31.0.101.4644 graphics driver for my iris xe integrated gpu. before the update everything was normal (aside from the invisible trees and foliage, this has been a problem for ages now)

i use Steam

i've tried reinstalling the game, turning all my mods off, and restarting the computer and the problem persisted, it is a issue with the newest driver update as previous updates did not have these bugs (again, excluding the missing trees and foliage)

i can't provide screenshots at the moment of writing but i can provide older ones (the only options changed are resolution, i currently play the game on 1280x720)

20230704180341_1.jpg

20230704180326_1.jpg

20230704180338_1.jpg

the file you requested is attached to the post

i gladly await an response!

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello KayLilac,

Thanks for the information provided.

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
KayLilac
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello KayLilac,

Thanks for your patience.

We noticed that you have already reported this issue on a different thread. We will continue to support this matter on your original thread, but we wanted to inform you that we are still checking some details about this matter.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
KayLilac
New Contributor I

hello!

yes, my previous thread does cover a lot of issues but many more were introduced in the newest 31.0.101.4644 driver update, that weren't there before which is why i made this new thread we are currently on.

i'll be sure to keep reporting any new problems that appear or that i haven't seen before.

i'll be glad  to hear any new updates!

0 Kudos
KayLilac
New Contributor I

Update! the newest game update has fixed the issues!

it seems like the game developers have fixed the problems in the most recent game update, only problem now is that the game runs very badly on integrated gpus now. but i'm sure they will fix it

well, i guess this thread can finally be closed.

0 Kudos
KayLilac
New Contributor I

all the issues are back and worse than before

i'm tired of reporting this and seeing no results

have a nice day

0 Kudos