Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1707 Discussions

Old OpenGL straight up doesn't work properly.

Bhume
Beginner

I'm trying to play older Minecraft versions for nostalgia purposes on my A770 and the older versions of Minecraft (which use older OpenGL) don't render properly.

I'm specifically trying to play version 1.6.4 and that uses OpenGL 1.2 and no textures of any kind render and half the chunks don't even load. I've seen on forums that OpenGL is a problem all the way back to the UHD 630 days so either its a hard fix or just not important.

I know DirectX support is more widespread but so many older games use OpenGL. At least try a quick and dirty fix so the most popular game of the last decade works! Please. Dragging out my Vega 56 just for Minecraft would suck.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello Bhume,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues when playing older version of Minecraft using our Intel Arc A770 GPU and we want to let you know that this is a known issue on our intel Arc A-series.

For us to coordinate this with our engineers to investigate the issue further, please provide the following information:

• What are the steps taken to troubleshoot the issue?
  • Provide the SSU logs of your unit for us to have a peek at your system. You can follow the instructions indicated on this article, How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* for your complete guide and attached the txt file when you reply.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Catulpos_Intel

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello Bhume,

I just want to check if you have viewed the message we posted. Please let us know if you require additional time to provide the requested details. 

Thanks, and have a nice day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello Bhume,

I hope you are doing well.

Since we have not received any response from you, we will now go ahead and close this query. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos