Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1654 Discussions

Poor performance days gone and night

addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good night

As I told you, I did a clean uninstallation of the Intel Arc A770 drivers with the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) program. I reinstalled the drivers again. Version: 31.0.101.4887. The problem I have with Days Gone persists with low performance, especially at night. There are areas where there are many loads, and the performance is low and it would also be general day and night, I checked the Days Gone game files and nothing the problem persists, And I see that it is the drivers, That game must run at 100 FPS or more, When I have the game installed I will send a video and image of the performance, but it is general performance and at night more

0 Kudos
29 Replies
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Here you have a circle marked on the drop in performance where it falls both during the day and at night and now in half an hour you will have the video

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Here is the video 1 minute and 43 seconds, so you can see the performance how it drops and falls both day and night, it uses DirectX 11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFnxefyzkFI&ab_channel=DavidDeLucasRuiz 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites.

We appreciate that you shared most of the information we need so we can go ahead and test this game in our lab, just one more piece of information we need is the distribution service of the game, Did you download it from Epic or Steam?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good afternoon

The game platform is Steam Days Gone

Well, I use it on the Steam platform, I checked the game files and nothing remains the same, and I have everything updated with the drivers as I mentioned before, you must correct the performance problem and FPS drop at night and day

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123

Thank you for sharing the distribution service of the game. We will continue to check this issue with our team and we will give you an update as soon as we have more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123

We just wanted to let you know that we are performing a few tests on this game to check the performance issue you reported. Please bear with us while we complete the needed tests, once we have more information we will post back and let you know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Remember that I do have a problem with performance, even if the test says that it works, something needs to be done, either drivers or tell me how the game is configured and if you can also in the bios to configure it exactly the same, it should be an ASUS STRIX ROG Z590-F even if they send me one Z590-E to send me a video how to configure it etc and we will verify if I am missing something or not

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

I need to know if anything is known about Days Gone, because I can't play with that performance, which is inferior, that is, low.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123

We are still working on this and continue to investigate the performance problem in Days Gone, once we have more information we will post back and let you know. Please bear with us while we complete our tests. We appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123

We have performed several tests on Days Gone especially at night as you pointed out and at the moment, using our latest driver 31.0.101.4952, we did not notice any stuttering or frame drops that disrupt the gameplay on this game. I will be attaching data from CapFrameX in which you can see the frames seem to be stable and in comparison with an RTX 3060, we are slightly above in performance. You can also check a video of our with the graphics settings we used at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qn5DTPw7ss.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123

As explained in our previous post, after testing this game under the conditions/settings you provided with driver 31.0.101.4952, we do not see a performance drop that affects the gameplay in this title check the video and CapFrameX data, and the same or less performance can be seen in third-party GPUs. Let us know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Here is the image and video that I am going to show you of Days Gone and you will see the map where it affects me, well anywhere it affects me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BArYyX-Skto&ab_channel=DavidDeLucasRuiz 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

It is made with CapFrameX as you said

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123

Based on the videos you shared the performance you are getting is similar to the CapFrameX data we shared in our previous screenshot and what we believed is the performance range you can get from the GPU and it is actually slightly higher than an RTX 3060 which performs in a similar way, due to this, the issue might be related to the game itself, however, allow me to check with our team one more time for possible next steps, please note that we cannot commit to a specific outcome.

Best Regards,

Hugo O,

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
Have you seen CapFrameX and the video, so you can see that I am not deceiving you, I know that it is in the drivers and more that it is missing
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123

We did check the CapFrameX data you shared as well as the videos and we also did several tests on this game, however, based on our testing and the video as well as CapframeX screenshots we shared in previous posts we do not see a performance issue on this game, so in this case we advise you to please contact the game developer for further support.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
I already contacted the developers of Days Gone and they told me the following: The game is super well optimized and any graphics card works, both old and modern. If they told me the following, try running the game as administrator and have the drivers installed and the latest version without it, it still doesn't work, the problem is in the drivers, although it works well for them and not for you, it is a problem with the performance controller, and I tried running the game as administrator, it works fine but on the site where I sent you multiple flagged image lowers performance
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123

In this case, as explained in our previous posts we have tested the game and believe the performance is within the expected performance for this GPU range, hence, if you need further support for this game, continue to contact the game developer for further troubleshooting. Further improvements will be made to the driver in general, however, we cannot guarantee you will see an improvement in this game specifically. We appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
good evening Hugo, I didn't tell you either, the developers told me that this game called Days Gone is optimized and they are not going to release another patch because it is already 100% improved. I'm telling you because I forgot to tell you what Days technical support told me. Gone and then the developer engineers say that this game will not receive more updates because it is optimized
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123

In this case, please look forward to future driver updates that will continue to optimize our Arc GPU, there is no specific driver updater related to this game, however, it might benefit from future optimizations we have planned for our drivers. As previously mentioned in case you need further support for performance issues on this game continue to contact the game developer.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos