Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1539 Discussions

RFactor2 loading issue

Saabjock
Novice

Rfactor2 is loading all car and track info but the last screen to select drive is not displaying.

It instead hangs at the track loading screen.

Cars can be heard running but no option to select drive to go on track is displaying

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Saabjock

That is great news to hear, I am glad to hear with in-game Rfactor2 got fixed with the newest driver Intel® Graphics Beta Driver 31.0.101.4090.

If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Luis A.

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Saabjock,  

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support for graphics.  

We are sorry to hear you experience problems with in-game Rfactor2. We are glad to assist.  

Let us gather the entire information about the problem in order to provide a possible solution.  

Can you provide error screenshots/a video showing the computer problem. 

What is the application /game showing the computer problem. 

What steps did you complete as possible fixes? 

Check game/program recommended/minimum requirements. Visit 

Check any game/program updates. 

What is the game/program Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), resolution, Vsync (on/off), Display (Fullscreen/ Windowed / Borderless Windowed)? 

What is the game/program Distribution Service the game ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)?  If the system includes onboard graphics, try it with integrated graphics lowest configuration for testing/reproduction of the problem, does it happen? 

If you have an available 3rd party dedicated graphics card

AMD/NVIDIA, does the problem happen as well? 

What is the step-by-step for reproduction purposes? 

Please download, run and reply back attaching the .txt file of the tool Intel® System

Support and a graphics report (For download go the link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600 ).  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html 

Thank you for choosing Intel. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
Saabjock
Novice

Hey Luis, I have already supplied that SSU file on initial posting of the issue.

The game title is actually Rfactor2 as was stated then.

The only difference is, I ran the game with a GTX1060-6 GB card just prior to removing that card and installing the ARC A770-16 with it's drivers.

All Nvidia drivers were removed prior to installing the A770.

I've now used three different ARC drivers as well....the initial 31.0.101.3517, the 31.0.101.3975 beta, the 31.0.101.4032.

All have exhibited the same behavior....i.e... The game launches the start-up interface, loads all the way to the final screen prior to the start screen for track entry...then hang there.

I can hear cars running in the background but the track loading screen never transitions to the actual pit-box screen (where the end-user drive button is selected to start track running).

I can reinstall the GTX1060 and it runs correctly.

All of the steps you suggested were already tried prior to opening a ticket.

The title is run from Steam.

All other titles except for Assetto Corsa multiplayer work fine.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Saabjock, thank you for the response.

• What is the game Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), resolution/refresh rate selected, Vsync (on/off), Display (Fullscreen/ Windowed / Borderless Windowed)? 
  • Did you reinstall the game from scratch?

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
Saabjock
Novice

All game quality setting have been tried (high, medium and low).

V-sync has been tried on and off.

Borderless, windowed and full screen have been tried.

The software was also removed and reinstalled.

Results are still as initially reported...no final click to go on track screen.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Saabjock, thank you for update.

Let me investigate this further, but try this first.

Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows ((manual step by step walkthrough click here) or checkmark the box from the downloaded .exe driver installer window)

Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.4032 (download click here)

Intel® Graphics Beta Driver 31.0.101.3975 (download click here)

Best regards,

Luis A.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Saabjock, 

Wonder if everything works now, do you require additional assistance?

Best regards,

Luis A.

0 Kudos
Saabjock
Novice

Nothing is fixed.

The game still crashes after going through all loading screens.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Saabjock

In case you upgraded from the different graphics card, follow the website steps to remove any former unnecessary/conflicting driver files  How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html  

Get a video recording of the problem if you can.

Best regards,

Luis A.

0 Kudos
Saabjock
Novice

This issue was fixed with the release of the newest 4090 beta driver.

The game now loads and runs correctly.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Saabjock

That is great news to hear, I am glad to hear with in-game Rfactor2 got fixed with the newest driver Intel® Graphics Beta Driver 31.0.101.4090.

If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Luis A.

0 Kudos