Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1669 Discussions

Rookie issues

Saabjock
Novice

Come on folks...

Intel is too big of a company to be continually making these rookie mistakes.

I go to my taskbar and the Intel driver and support assistant states they are two updates available.

I click the 'check for new drivers' option, only to be greeted by a message stating I need to download Intel driver and support assistant.

It is already installed as seen in the attached images.

This is the latest in a string of things I've already reported.... including incorrect driver download links, etc...

Come on folks...this is not good.

It does not instill user confidence, if you cannot get the basic things right.

It is embarrassing for such a large corporation. 

DM 2023-12-09 084228.pngDriver assistant_2023-12-09 083610.pngScreenshot 2023-12-09 084435.pngScreenshot 2023-12-09 084642.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Saabjock,

We understand that you are experiencing issues with the Intel DSA, where you receive a notification of new drivers available, but you receive an error message that the tool needs to be installed when it is already installed. We will be more than happy to assist you.

When checking on the images you shared, the error message reports that something went wrong while scaling. For this, we would like to recommend you take a look at the article Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Results in “Sorry, Something Went Wrong While Trying to Scan” or Endless Scan. But we would like to recommend you try reinstalling the Intel DSA software:

If the issue remains, we would like to ask for the following details:

• What is the browser software you are using alongside the Intel DSA?
  •  Provide us with a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU) to check more details about your system:
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Saabjock,

We are following up on your thread to see if you have been able to check our previous posts and see if the issue remains after you reinstalled the Intel DSA software.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Saabjock,

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread. Our recommendation remains the same, if you have not been able to try it, please reinstall the Intel DSA software or look at the article "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Results in “Sorry, Something Went Wrong While Trying to Scan” or Endless Scan" for further recommendations. If you need further assistance, please open a new topic since this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Saabjock
Novice

That Driver & Support Assistant needs to be fixed or removed from your software suite until you folks can get it working properly.

I realize it may not be a priority at this point and most would probably be okay with that.

The longer this goes on...the worst perception that you cannot get software to work properly.

Personally, I have no issues with Intel placing a notification.

A manual download is no big deal.

What is... Is a program reporting there is no new update when clearly there is one or worse....unable to do it's job of just scanning. 

My own installation has been completely removed...(including all registry entries using Revo Uninstaller pro)..

That DSA was then reinstalled after a computer reboot..no less than two times.

Still broken.

0 Kudos