Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1658 Discussions

Sackboy™: A Big Adventure graphics memory leak bug

DanSun
New Contributor I

If you play Sackboy™: A Big Adventure and use ray tracing, you will experience a sharp drop in game performance as the GPU memory exceeds 15 to 16 gigabytes or more when you play another stage after clearing a stage.WW.jpg

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Sackboy-A-Big-Adventure-Bug/m-p/1456659#M1735

For system details, please refer to this link

The graphics driver is 4125.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing performance issues on Sackboy™: A Big Adventure. Please let us know the following information:

• Share a short video showing this issue with the performance information in English.
  • Share screenshots of the in-game graphics settings in English.
  • Is Resizeable Bar enabled in your system?
  • What steps can be followed to replicate this problem?
  • I did not find an Intel® System Support Utility log file on the link that you shared, please create and attach it to get more information about your system.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

If you refer to the address link I posted, I think you don't have to ask that question because most of what Intel asked for was done.
https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Sackboy-A-Big-Adventure-Bug/m-p/1456659#M1735

The screen shot uses 15 gigabytes of GPU memory as shown in the picture, and the game slows down to about 4-5 frames.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun

Thank you for letting us know. We already got most of the information from your previous thread, however, in order to further assist with this issue we still need to know the following from my previous post as this is missing information from the previous thread:

• Was Resizable BAR enabled on your system?
  • We need the Intel® System Support Utility log to get more information about your system configuration.
  • Steps to replicate the issue, does the issue happens right after enabling RayTracing? Is it specific to a certain area?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun 

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

Was Resizable BAR enabled on your system?

a: Yes I used a resize bar

We need the Intel® System Support Utility log to get more information about your system configuration.

a: In the past, I sent a report by e-mail about anno1800 memory problem, but it is inconvenient to send it again.

Steps to replicate the issue, does the issue happens right after enabling RayTracing? Is it specific to a certain area?

a: With ray tracing, this problem occurs in all areas. After clearing the first stage, these symptoms get worse.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun, 

Thank you for your response, it has been really helpful.

We completely understand that you are not able to provide us with the Intel® System Support Utility log, but that we help us to speed up the process and for further investigation in case we need it.

Please answer the following questions to have a better understanding:

• What are the motherboard make and model and BIOS version?
  • What is the processor model?
  • What is the Operating System version?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun, 

Thank you for your answer, it was very helpful.

Please follow the steps below and let us know the results:

• Is Resizable Bar enabled?
  • Some days ago we released a new graphics driver version 31.0.101.4146 you can download it accessing the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html?

For installation steps on: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics.html

Regards,

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun

We are following up with this thread. I understand that Resizable BAR is enabled on this system. Could you please share with us if you were able to test the previously recommended driver?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun

We would like to make sure if disabling virtual memory page file still works to improve the behavior related to this issue as you have reported in previous threads. Please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

If you turn off the virtual memory, the game will force quit after using 8~11 gigabytes of video memory.

That's a problem too, but the game uses an unusually large amount of video memory.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun

Thank you for the information. So to make sure doesn't enabling the virtual memory work as a workaround for this issue? Or, Was that a totally different issue from the one that you are reporting on this thread?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

"When you come to Intel, talk the Intel way"

Did Intel play the game Sackboy™: A Big Adventure?

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

Raja Koduri has resigned.
Until the vision of the future Intel GPU is clear, I will not be active either.
Thank you for your hard work.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun

In regards to the issue that involves this thread, I want to let you know that we tested the game and were not able to reproduce the issue you reported on previous threads. This is why we wanted to confirm if the previous workaround that you reported keeps working on the game or if the issue is different.

I understand your position in regard to recent news, please let us know if you would like to continue troubleshooting and please note that plans for Intel® Arc™ GPUs have not changed.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

It seems that the use of ray tracing is an excessive use of graphics memory.

If you're not using ray tracing, there's no problem, but ray tracing uses an unreasonably large amount of graphics memory.

Please answer whether or not Intel has a problem with the use of ray tracing.

Currently in Korea, Raja Koduri's resignation is highly welcomed and expected. Now, Intel has the expectation that Arc graphics will solve the problem and make a normal graphics card, and it is criticizing Raja Koduri, who left the company.

What I'm worried about is that the direction of arc graphics recently shown by Intel has recently changed so much that it seems to be giving up the business, so I'm concerned.

I have been using Radeon for over 20 years, and I boldly went over to Intel Arc with the hope that Intel would become a new leader and change in the current graphics card market. I hope that Intel will not give up the graphics business as in the past and will be a company that changes the aggressive and aggressive market.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun

Thank you for the clarification on this issue. There is no general issue with Ray tracing and our GPU, so we will continue checking this title specifically and see if it can be reproduced. Thank you for the information provided., I will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun

Thank you for your patience on this matter. Based on our testing and development this memory leak issue should no longer occur after driver version 31.0.101.4644. Please update to the latest version and share with us whether you still experience this problem, we would appreciate your feedback.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun

We wanted to follow up on this issue. Did you have the chance to test our latest driver version 31.0.101.4644? Please share your feedback with us and let us know if the issue still happens to you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos