Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1654 Discussions

Screen Saver goes to Black Background with Audio - Intel ARC A770 Drivers

Nazrex
New Contributor I

Greetings, new here!

I just bought an Intel ARC A770 LE and built a new PC with it on Monday, May 1st.

So far, all thats been installed is Windows, all the necessary Drivers... and a couple games that I've been using for stress testing.... and I haven't had any MAJOR problems yet.

One of the few minor problems though that I do have, that bugs me... is my favorite Screen Saver which I bought some time ago.   Its called Serene Scene. 

https://www.serenescreen.com/

Its a beautiful Aquarium Screen Saver, and I've been using it for many years.   However, now with the ARC A770, when it goes on... I can hear its audio but the screen just goes to black.   According to Serene Scene's FAQ's, this is often an issue with the Video Driver.

https://www.serenescreen.com/v2/faq.html

So I'm hoping this could be investigated?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

Thanks for posting on the Intel Communities. We are more than glad to help you with your screen saver issue.

Since your system has just been built recently, and you just tried the latest Drivers, we want to confirm if the issue persists when installing a previous driver release, such as version 31.0.101.4255. Try performing a clean driver installation to see if you can reproduce the problem.

Also, we would like to further investigate this matter; provide us with the following:

• Was the default screen saver on Windows visible?
  • Does the issue occur if you use another screen saver?

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Thank you for the quick reply.

I can say that the Screen Savers that come included with Windows, are working fine, except for "Bubbles"... which did not work with Driver 4091 linked below.  These, are the only other Screen Savers that I have.

As for my Serene Scene Aquarium Screen Saver... 

I tested Serene Scene Aquarium with the following Intel ARC Drivers, using a Clean Install with each.

4335 (Beta)

4311 (Beta)

4314 (whql)

4255 (whql)

4146 (whql)

4091 (whql)

I have been able to replicate the problem with each of these so far.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

Thanks for the information provided.

We will look further into this scenario and provide a response at our earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

Thanks for your patience.

After reviewing this matter internally, we decided to try and replicate the issue you are experiencing in our lab environment. However, we did not face any problems with the screen saber. Take a look at the video recording we took,

We would recommend you contact the screen saver developer for further support.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Yes, sorry.   You can close this one...

I've been in contact with the company themselves, and was not aware they had just recently released a Ver 3.

I've been using Ver2.6 for the past 10 years, and that is the one that is not working for me.

I downloaded the Test Demo of Ver 3  just this weekend and have been testing it with the latest ARC Driver 4369.

I hadn't updated this thread because I have been waiting for that company to get back to my inquiries... they're a small company and it took them more then two weeks to respond to me.

0 Kudos
davidohnson85
Novice

Hello and welcome!

I understand that you recently purchased an Intel ARC A770 LE graphics card and are experiencing an issue with your favorite screen saver, Serene Scene. The screen goes black while the audio plays, and according to Serene Scene's FAQs, this can be related to the video driver.

To address this issue, I recommend the following steps:

1. Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your Intel ARC A770 LE graphics card. Visit the official Intel website and download the most recent drivers compatible with your specific graphics card model. Installing the latest drivers may include bug fixes and optimizations that could resolve the issue with the screen saver.

2. Check Screen Saver Compatibility: Verify if Serene Scene has been updated to support the Intel ARC A770 LE graphics card. Visit the Serene Scene website or contact their customer support to inquire about compatibility with your specific graphics card model. They may have specific instructions or updates available to ensure proper functionality.

3. Adjust Power and Display Settings: Sometimes, power settings or display settings can affect screen savers. Try adjusting the power settings of your computer to ensure that it allows the screen saver to run without interruptions. Additionally, check the display settings to ensure they are configured correctly for your setup.

4. Contact Serene Scene Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, reach out to Serene Scene's customer support. Provide them with details about your Intel ARC A770 LE graphics card and the issue you are experiencing. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or updates available to address the problem.

By following these steps and staying up to date with the latest graphics drivers and software updates, you increase the chances of resolving the issue with Serene Scene and enjoying your favorite screen saver once again.

I hope this helps, and I wish you an enjoyable experience with your new Intel ARC A770 LE graphics card!

Regards;

David Johnson.

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Hi @davidohnson85 

Thanks for the suggestions.

Already done all that... 

0 Kudos