Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1620 Discussions

Super Dungeon Bros (PC Gamepass) launches, but after character selection it crashes to the desktop

laxesta
New Contributor II

The game runs fine when it launches and the menus are totally fine, but once you select a character and press the button to play, the game doesn't start and crashes to the desktop.

I couldn't try it with DXVK 'cos this is one of the few protected games on PC Gamepass and you can't open its installation directory.

SSU file attached.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NormanS_Intel

Hello laxesta,

We have conducted a thorough examination of the game's performance and, upon evaluation, it seems that the anomaly is inherent to the game rather than associated with the GPU. This conclusion is supported by tests performed using an RTX 4060, where the game experienced similar disruptions. We have documented these findings in a video, here's the link: https://youtu.be/1jrcD7oH2nA. We also tried the Steam version, but it crashed. 

In light of these observations, it would be most effective to bring this matter to the attention of the game developer. Should you require any further clarification or assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
NormanS_Intel

Hello laxesta,

I understand that you're encountering stability issues with the game, especially after character selection, which leads to crashes. Could you kindly let us know if any specific error messages appear when the crash occurs? Additionally, it would be helpful to know about any troubleshooting methods you've already attempted. This information will assist us in pinpointing the cause of the problem. Moreover, have you had the chance to test the game on Steam, as opposed to PC Gamepass?

On another note, we have released the latest driver version 31.0.101.5379. I recommend downloading this update to see if it improves your gaming experience. Your feedback on this would be greatly valued. Please do keep us posted.

Best regards,

Norman S.

laxesta
New Contributor II

thanks for the reply. 

I installed the most recent drivers and nothing changed. 

The game loads fine and you get to the stage and character selection, once you select a character to start playing the game tries to load and there is a loading bar indicator at the bottom right.

The loading indicator always  stops halfway -almost exactly in the centre of the indicator-, and then the game crashes without displaying a single message.

As I said it's impossible to test the game with DXVK 'cos it doesn't happen that often nowadays, it's one of those fully protected pc gamepass games.

In regards of the Steam version, I purchased the game on pc gamepass years ago thinking it'd be fun but I don't like the game so I don't have the Steam version to test.

best regards

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello laxesta,

I appreciate your prompt reply and the steps you've taken to update your drivers. To assist us in further investigating the issue, could you please provide the following information?

• Latest SSU logs: These logs are crucial for us to verify your system's configuration. You can find guidance on generating these logs in our How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* article.

• Graphic Quality Settings: Please specify whether it's set to Low, Medium, High, or Ultra.

• Screen Resolution: Indicate whether it's 1920x1080, 3840x2160, etc.

• Vsync Option: Let us know if Vsync is turned On or Off.

• Display Mode: Confirm whether you're using Fullscreen, Windowed, or Borderless Windowed mode.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to your response. Thank you.

Best regards,

Norman S.

NormanS_Intel

Hello laxesta,

I'm reaching out to confirm whether you've had the opportunity to review my previous post requesting additional details. This information is crucial for us to continue our investigation into the challenges you've encountered with Super Dungeon Bros. Your timely response would be greatly appreciated if you require any further support.

Best regards,

Norman S.

laxesta
New Contributor II

sry @NormanS_Intel for whatever reason I missed your previous reply in this thread. 

Graphic Quality Settings: The game doesn't have any option to set the quality of graphics, afaik, I didn't find them in the Options menu -there is a volume slider and a few other options, not many, none related to the graphics.

• Screen Resolution: 2560x1440

• Vsync Option: No Vsync setting in the options. I use Smart VSync in the Intel Arc settings app if that matters.

• Display Mode: no setting to change that, but it's the typical native Windows game that always runs in Borderless Windowed mode.

I attached the latest SSU files.

cheers!

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello laxesta,

I appreciate the details you've shared. Rest assured, we will conduct a thorough review of the issue and ensure to post an update in this thread as soon as we have more information. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello laxesta,

We have conducted a thorough examination of the game's performance and, upon evaluation, it seems that the anomaly is inherent to the game rather than associated with the GPU. This conclusion is supported by tests performed using an RTX 4060, where the game experienced similar disruptions. We have documented these findings in a video, here's the link: https://youtu.be/1jrcD7oH2nA. We also tried the Steam version, but it crashed. 

In light of these observations, it would be most effective to bring this matter to the attention of the game developer. Should you require any further clarification or assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

gosh, the game is even worse than I expected on Steam, which is very rare. In fact the PC gamepass version launches at least...

Best regards and keep up the good work.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello laxesta,

Thank you for your response. Please be assured that we have conducted a comprehensive simulation in our laboratory, comparing various graphics cards, and have found the issue to be consistent across them. Should you require further information or assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Norman S.

0 Kudos