Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1679 Discussions

The Crew Motorfest - Game Ready Driver ?

LynxRufus
New Contributor I

As title says,

I hope there will be a TC Motorfest game ready driver soon,

in case it turns out that the game will need one.

would be nice if for once, at least this new 'major' title would run without Intel specific problems 'out of the box' again ,

with no major hickups whatsover, and at great performance very close to a RX 6700 XT or RTX 3060 Ti ...

it has always been a hit & miss with Intel Arc & Drivers,

regardless of old or new games,

you could have one title performing good, and another game not even launching or performing pretty bad.

there was a time, when things started to get better, quite decent in fact,

but starting with one of the *.4xxx driver series, things got worse again,

and especially lately / more recently ,

there have been significantly more reports, not only on your forum it seems,

regarding instability, crashes, weired incompatibilities for things that already used to work (regressions),

and regarding  new game releases,

we've seen far less hits,

like the Arc's outstanding Jagged Alliance 3 performance eg.

it is in fact the only game I know where Arc beats AMD&Nvidia with ease,

and way too many missed oportunities in order to build up your rep / keep your existing base.. :

eg. Baldurs Gate 3, Remnant 2, or last time, Starfield, especially the latter being a total mess,

and even if it's at least starting now, I would hardly call it 'playable' or even 'enjoyable' on the Arc, though regarding Starfield, that might not even be your own fault but rather Bethesdas, since we also see Nvidia underperfoming in ways that it's hard to believe it's not almost solely AMD&Bethesda to blame here.

anyways, back to The Crew Motorfest, the earlier test versions I tried were DX11 , just like The Crew 2 , also using the same (but updated) game engine at its core.

That version ran extremly bad. total desaster.  1080p & 1440p both looked pixelated like 720p, and not even 30 fps iirc. there was FSR 1 in it I believe, which also didn't do much, not sure if all settings back then were even fully implemented / functional.

then, the latest beta / public test versions  were suddenly running via Vulkan API,

and looking & performing significantly better at the same time,

but still not good enough by any means for my taste / expectations ..

I wanted to post about my findings and ask for Intel's support a  lot earlier,

but was afraid doing so since I was bound by signing an NDA with Ubisoft and still don't want to go into more detail, I will first re-evaluate everything with the release-version anyway .

I reported my findings in detail to Ubisoft,

and hope that they continued to improve performance in general, or Arc in specific,

though I somehow doubt that they did so.

Soon everyone will  be able to find out,

since there will be a free trial starting today/tomorrow..

btw: Ubisoft recommends an AMD RX 6700 XT for 1440p 60fps @ high preset,

Lets see how close or far away the A770 will be from that goal.

*fingers crossed that it won't be a total desaster this time*

If you know any early benchmark comparisons for 1440p including cards like 6700 xt / 3060 Ti, please leave me a link in here if possible

Cheers.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello LynxRufus

Thank you for posting Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites.

We understand the importance of games taking advantage of the graphics capabilities to get the best possible performance, we are committed to working alongside gamers and improving performance in as many titles as possible to offer the best experience on our Intel® Arc™ GPUs.

We really appreciate your feedback and please know we continue to release driver updates pretty frequently improving the software and hardware as a whole.

Getting to your question I want to let you know that there has been a recently released driver version 31.0.101.4824 which is optimized for The Crew Motorsport so we advise updating to the latest version to take advantage of the improvements.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
LynxRufus
New Contributor I

CX_2023-09-17_19-02-40_Comparison.pngCX_2023-09-17_18-57-25_Comparison(2).pngCX_2023-09-17_19-02-51_Comparison.png

0 Kudos
LynxRufus
New Contributor I

As you can see above, clearly the driver restores lost performance and resolves some gfx glitches introduced & observed some time after 4311.

Ps: weve seen this kind of degradation in many games & apps recently. Its not only my own feeling / observation.

It doesn't - however - improve performance over 'best' performing driver ive found going back as far as 4311.

It also does not solve the game crashing frequently.

It will also still crash 100% of all times while entering/ leaving the " car meet " Indoor hq area. You can repro this very easy:

Start completely fresh game / account, after the very first few introductory races you get into said area within first few minutes of gameplay.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello LynxRufus

Thank you for sharing your test goof to know the driver improves the overall performance in this title. As for the crash issue and based on some of the feedback you have shared under this thread as well, we will be doing some investigation on the crashes within the "car meet" section of the game. We will let you know as soon as we have the results and next steps.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello LynxRufus

We wanted to let you know this issue has been replicated in our lab and we are currently investigating and debugging the crashes that mainly happen in the "car meet" section of the game. There is no estimated time for the problem to be completely solved but we will let you know once we have an update for this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos