Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1654 Discussions

Trackmania crashing when trying to race

Soumare
Beginner

Hello,

I've tried to update my drivers since after 101.5330 for my ARC A750, but had to go back due to Trackmania (2020) being unplayable on newer versions every time. I've tried the following versions and have the game crashing at in the same manner every time:

Before installing 101.5379 and 101.5382 I did do clean driver installation with DDU, with 101.5445 I did only regular installation with exe, checking the "Clean installation" checkbox.

I've attached the SSU for my system.

The steps for reproducing:

1. Install Trackmania (the newest game named only "Trackmania") on Steam platform.
2. Start it up and try to start for example the first map 01 in Training.
3. Game freezes and crashes in loading screen. 

One lead I have not been able to "cath on print screen" is that when crashing there is a small text with blue background flashing on the screen mentioning something like "Graphics card has been unplugged", which it most certainly had not been. This happened on versions 101.5379 and 101.5382 but not on 101.5445 as far as I could see.

If you need any more information I would be glad to do more digging.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Soumare, 

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please try to clean install your graphics driver's first using DDU, then install the new release driver, which is version 31.0.101.5445. And check if the issue still persists. If it is, please let me know, as I will discuss our case with our engineers.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Soumare, 

We are checking in with you to know if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Soumare
Beginner

Hello! Sorry for taking so long to get back, I did not notice the answers due to notification mails going to junk inbox.

I have now also uninstalled the working driver 101.5333 (which I noticed was also good after the original post) with DDU and installed 101.5445. But the issue is still there.

So by my own observations the issue was introduced in version 101.5379 and has since then persisted. I will revert back to 101.5333 to be able to play the game.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Soumare, 

Thank you so much for the response. It's okay; we understand.

Since the issue still persists after updating your graphics driver to 31.0.101.5445, I will now raise our case with our engineers so we can further investigate the issue and provide you with the appropriate recommendations. I will post the response on this thread once it is available.

By the way, your observations were all highly noted. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Soumare, 

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

We would like to request your assistance in sharing your game settings with us. Additionally, if feasible, a screen recording captured during the game's crash would be immensely helpful, particularly if it includes the error message that appears. This information is crucial for us to accurately replicate the issue and pinpoint the underlying cause. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos