Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1539 Discussions

USB audio interface issues with Arc a770 limited

Makas
New Contributor I
This happens very often.

When you open a game to play or listening radio or music from local files.
The audio gets killed and Intel notifications pop up on the right side of the screen, saying "device changed" etc.... Then audio comes back. Also there are game crashes during "device changed" notifications pop up. Sometimes game crashes when there are loads of "spell activity" during the fight "dota2" also opening GTA 5.
Dota 2 also loads of crashes during game opening and when the game is found.

USB audio interface is Steinberg UR22 MK2.

Also "device changed" notification pop ups sometimes just when you are opening browser.

Latest bios drivers
Win 11
Intel i7 12700k
MSI tomahawk z690 b4

Please advise.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Makas
New Contributor I
Intel, please respond. Really annoying messages off

"Device Changed All done and up-to-datel

Device Changed
We detected a device change, wait just a second while we update some things."

All these pop ups happen when I browse internet, watch YouTube videos and at the same time music playing or I start play music.
Then when you open games. Alt tab it for browser.

Audio cuts and sometimes even not coming back before you restart PC.

Rebar on.
Drivers up to date.
Bios up to date.

I don't know what else to do. Prior intel gpu installation no issues with the same set up and Nvidia card.
0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Makas,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Arc communities.

We understand the issue that you are experiencing with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics card, we will try our best to provide you with a solution for this issue, to start we would like to gather the following information with you:

Does this behavior occur if you use a straight connection between the Graphics card and the display audio without using the Audio interface?

Download and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* make sure to check the box "Everything"

and save the resulting .txt file you can attach it to your reply.

Link for Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Makas
New Contributor I

Hi Robert,

Thanks for you reply.

"Does this behavior occur if you use a straight connection between the Graphics card and the display audio without using the Audio interface?"

Unfortunately I am unable to check this as I have studio monitor speakers which requires audio interface.

What I have discovered is that if the resizable bar is off - there are no issues. However the resizable bar was always on, way before installing the intel Arc A770.

Also I have found similar topics per google search in your forum and perhaps could be more, but the one I found was this... Please see link below:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/ARC-A770-is-killing-my-audio/td-p/1443864

I can recognise now you was dealing with that raised issue as well.

Also in your comment there you said following - "We are still working on this issue..."

Can you please provide more information on that? For example like - Have you identified cause of the problem? If yes, is there a fix on the way? Or perhaps Intel is still in the process to provide the solution?

Also, I would like to remind that prior a770 installation with the rebar or, there was no a single issue with the audio.

I put the rebar off right now, because the cuts are so annoying. (with rebar off - there are no issues)

Please advise

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello @Makas

Thank you for posting your reply.

Thank you also for all this helpful information, we are currently performing research on this topic, so reports such as these allow us to gather more information, and the different system configurations provide us more insight into what could be the cause of this issue.

Since we are currently reviewing this issue internally we are unable to commit to any deadlines or updates regarding this topic because we need to complete our research and internal review.

We are adding your report to the information we have in order to continue working on this, we will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
EndBase
New Contributor I

Same issues even bought me a new sound card to get a fix for the issue it improved but still some minor things with the sound going on it's time they put out a fix tbh

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello Makas

We are still researching this issue to help you with a resolution. Please let us know the following information:

1.-Does this same issue happen if you try any other type of USB audio devices like USB speakers, headsets, or headphones?

2.-Please roll back to the Windows Basic Display Adapter on device manager and check if the issue can be reproduced. You can follow these steps to roll back:

• Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.
  • Go back to the Intel Graphics entry in the Device Manager.
  • Right-click Intel Graphics and click Uninstall.
  • In the device removal dialog box, check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.
  • Restart the computer after the uninstallation is complete.
  • Open the Device Manager.
  • Expand the Display adapters section again.
  • If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in Device Manager should now be listed as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, Standard VGA Graphics Adapter or similar. If not, repeat steps 2 through 5.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Makas
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for your reply.

"1.-Does this same issue happen if you try any other type of USB audio devices like USB speakers, headsets, or headphones?"

Unfortunately I don't have other audio devices for USB connection.

Headphones(Wired) no issues

Headphones(Bluetooth) no issues

2.-Please roll back to the Windows Basic Display Adapter on device manager and check if the issue can be reproduced. 

I can confirm that I was unable to reproduce the issue. The sound been heard without any cuts or other disruption. The way it should be...

Also would like to add that resizable bar was ON during these tests.

Personally I think that there is an issue in ARC drivers. They are arguing with USB audio interface.

Please see the link below for video example of the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcGqYnR8B0U

Hugo,

What progress is at your end?? Was Intel team able to replicate the issue ? Are they working on fix already or you still "gathering" this type of data?? How long this will continue ? Patience runs out.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello Makas

Thank you for all the information provided. Just to clarify, What type of connection do the wired headphones that you mentioned you tested use? Are the 3.5mm headphones?

Also, please test the latest BETA driver that recently came out, the version is 30.0.101.4090.

Answering your last question about the status of this issue, we are currently gathering as much information as possible to continue our internal investigation and if possible try to replicate the issue. We really appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Makas
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo,

Regarding headphones, yes the headphones which were tested have 3.5mm jack.

Also I did test latest beta drivers in hopes that there would be the issue resolved, but unfortunately it isn't. 

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Makas
New Contributor I
Hello,

Is there any updates on the issue ?

Many Thanks
0 Kudos
Makas
New Contributor I

I am disappointed in the Intel ARC A770 drivers and the amount of time Intel is taking to fix the USB audio interface issues. It is ridiculous that a company as large and influential as Intel would neglect to address such a fundamental problem in their drivers. Additionally, it is important to remember that computers have been used for music production for a long time, and for Intel to overlook such a crucial aspect of their software release is simply unacceptable.

Makas
New Contributor I

Hi Intel customer support.

Is there any update on the fix??

The issue is still there with the latest drivers.

The only fixes we as a creators see is just for gamers. Let me remind that this card has been advertised for the creators as well.

Would be nice to see some decent informative feedback where your team stand with identifying the issue and providing a fix.

This issue is not even listed on your "known issues" list during your stable driver & beta releases. Should we creators assume that you still unable to identify the issue or else??

I want to know where do I stand with this card. Should I sell it to some gamer? Because this issue affects my work.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Valhalla
Beginner
same issues here with audio popping, crackling, with resizable bar enabled. without it enabled, audio seems fine.
0 Kudos
noineeL
Novice

how is it possible that there is no update on this....multiple posts complaining about this huge issue with Arc and the bug isn't even listed in the known bugs during patch notes on the drivers....

0 Kudos
sdopierala1987
Beginner

same problem here! I use Steinberg UR12 USB Audio Interface..

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello everyone

We want to let you all know that we were actively working on getting this issue resolved as one of our top priorities, we have the good news that this issue has been fixed in our latest driver version 31.0.101.4314. Please update to the latest and in case the issue persists make sure to use Display Driver Uninstaller.

We appreciate the patience and the feedback provided in this thread.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello Makas

Please check our previous post, since the newer driver contains the fix for this issue, and let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello Makas

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos