Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1620 Discussions

Weird graphics bug with female Viera ears 1 in FFXIV on Intel Arc A770 LE

Darkdepression

Since one month i have this graphics glitch in Final Fantansy 14 and can't figure out a way to fix it. It's driving me mad does anyone of you have any idea what is causing that?

Reinstalled everything and did a clean install of the Drivers with DDU

Reinstalled Windows 11 since my install was gettin old

Driver Up and Downgrades don't change anything

None of the above fixed it

System Specs. AMD R7 58003XD and Intel Arc A770 LE

image1.png

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Darkdepression,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I see that you are having graphics glitches in Viera ears 1 in FFXIV, I will be happy to help you.  

I see you have attached the Intel® SSU and that you have your system up to date, it seems there is just a pending update of the BIOS, please follow the steps and answer the questions below:

• Update the BIOS to version F5g. It seems it is the latest version, and you have version F5f, For guidance, you can contact Gigabyte.
  • Take screenshots of the game settings, in case we need them to replicate the issue.
  • Provide us with step-by-step instructions, to replicate the issue as accurately as possible, in case we need it.
  • Which store did you buy the game from? For example Stema, Epic games, etc.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Darkdepression

Thanks for you concern i did the following

1. Updates

• Updated to Bios Version F5g and it did not fix the problem
  • Updated the Drivers to Version 31.0.101.5084 that also did not fix the problem

2. Now to the Game i use the following Grafics Settings. I tried changing them in mutilple ways but without success.

Darkdepression_0-1703339175207.png

Darkdepression_1-1703339194409.png

Darkdepression_2-1703339217454.png

Darkdepression_3-1703339232360.png

Darkdepression_4-1703339622012.png

3. The Bug happens always when a female Viera Character with Ear option 1 is on Screen in the Game, it doesn't matter if you are playing as the Character yourself or another player. The only thing that changes is when you get closer with the Camera to the Character it gets worse than when you are far away.

Darkdepression_5-1703339798679.png

4. The Game "Final Fantansy 14 Online" is available on Steam or in the Square Enix Store.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Darkdepression,

Thank you for your response and for all the information provided, it is very helpful.

I will start with an investigation to provide you with the next steps as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Darkdepression,

Thank you for your time.

We still working on the investigation and now we will start with the issue replication, as soon I have more information I will let you know 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Darkdepression,

Thank you for your patience.

We have been working on the replication we hope to have the results soon, I will let you know about it as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Saveno
New Contributor I

Can confirm, also only seems to happen on a specific Ear Type

Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Darkdepression,

Thank you for all your time.

We still working on the investigation, as soon I have any news about it I will let you know. 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Darkdepression,

Thank you for your time and patience.

I want to let you know that we still working on the reproduction of the issue, we are aware it is taking so much time, but we are making sure that the issue is completely replicated.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Darkdepression,

Thank you for all your time and patience.

We have been working on the reproduction of your issue, applying the settings you use, and the graphical issue on ears for character Viera was never present.

The only difference is that in our test LAB we used our latest graphics driver 31.0.101.5085.

Please follow the step below and let me know if the behavior changes:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Darkdepression

I had the Driver Version 31.0.101.5085 already installed. So used DDU to remove it and installed Version 31.0.101.5186 which did not fix the issue for me.

Darkdepression_0-1706462333735.png

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Darkdepression,

Thank you for your response and for completing all the steps.

Since the issue also persists with the graphics driver version 31.0.101.5186 and we were unable to reproduce it, I recommend you contact the game developer for further troubleshooting steps.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Darkdepression,

Since you do not have further questions, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Darkdepression

I don't have any more questions, just the recommendation to fix your drivers and software.

Darkdepression_0-1706799086641.png

The same PC, but with an AMD 7800XT instead of the A770 LE. This has nothing to do with the game, so Square Enix support wouldn't be able to help me.

0 Kudos