Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Come on, Intel... what is it with your crappy documentation?

JStewart
Beginner

JStewart_0-1710548195844.png

This cannot possibly be how to configure anything. What do you actually mean here? 

I am tearing my hair out trying to get Visual Studio to understand where icx-cl.exe is located. I mean, *I* know where it's located. 

In 20 minutes of searching I have not yet found a simple answer such as "run oneapi-vars.bat" or "add an environment variable with this info" or even "add icx-cl.exe to path". Will adding it to path work? Probably, but is that the right answer? I have no idea!

Could you people just, you know, please step up your game by a factor of 10,000? I should not have to install, repair, reinstall, etc., just to be greeted in Visual Studio with a stupid configuration error. 

And, God, then when I look for a solution I find an old post from 2023 that seems to imply one should delete anything to do with SETVARS_CONFIG.... just, ugh.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vipin_Singh1

Hi James, we would like to inform you that we are routing your query to the dedicated team for further assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vipin_Singh1

Hi James, we would like to inform you that we are routing your query to the dedicated team for further assistance.

0 Kudos