Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7953 Discussions

Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit no command line installed

GunnarB
Beginner

I am just a hobbiest programmer and wanted the oneApi compiler as in the past it produced much faster code when compiling C++ files.

I have Visual Studio 2022 (Windows 10) installed, but I am in the process of moving to VS Code for simplicity.

After installing the Base Toolkit, I went to your get started page:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/oneapi-base-toolkit/get-started-guide-windows/2024-0/run-project-visual-studio-command-line.html

I wanted to add the compiler to the environment variables, and apparently a script is available at

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\setvars.bat"

But to my surprise I do not even have the '\..\Intel\oneAPI' folder. It looks like the 17,500 MB download does not include the only tool I really need.

The installer made a good job in integrating the new compiler into VS Studio, but that is irrelevant for me.

I could find an installation folder, but it does not contain an executable:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Platforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\Intel(R) oneAPI DPC++ Compiler 2024

How do I install the toolset, so I can use the command line?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alex_Y_Intel

Hi @GunnarB 

Did you follow the instruction here? 
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/oneapi/installation-guide-windows/2024-0/install-with-gui.html#GUID-27BA5DD5-8705-44CC-BFA8-DC38E4B7DBDC

After you install the Base Toolkit, you should find this Intel oneAPi command prompt for Intel 64 or IA32. That's where you can use command line. 

Alex_Y_Intel_1-1707901642981.png

Once you start the Intel oneAPI command prompt, you should see all the necessary tools loaded and you can start using it--

Alex_Y_Intel_2-1707901809846.png

GunnarB
Beginner

Indeed, this is perfect.

I might also have missed:

C:\Program Files (x86) (I never expected it to be in the 32-Bit folder)

0 Kudos