Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7953 Discussions

Issues installing the latest ICC OneAPI base kit

Taz1
Employee

Hi,

I am trying the OneAPI base kit download and installation first time on a Linux machine.

I am seeing issues related to system requirements while installing.

Is there a way I can install this package in a different directory than home directory.

I tried to create softlink to some other disks to my home directory but doesnt work. Does anyone have suggestions here.

Taz1_1-1707506902797.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alex_Y_Intel

Hi @Taz1
Can you try:

export HOME=[another directory]

cd [where_you_save_toolkit_package]

./l_BaseKit_p_xxxx.x.x.xx.sh  

0 Kudos
david72
Beginner

@Taz1 wrote:

Hi,

I am trying the OneAPI base kit download and installation first time on a Linux machine.

I am seeing issues related to system requirements while installing.

Is there a way I can install this package in a different directory than home directory. 

I tried to create softlink to some other disks to my home directory but doesnt work. Does anyone have suggestions here.

Taz1_1-1707506902797.png

Thanks

Yes, you can install the Intel oneAPI base kit in a different directory. Here’s how you can do it:

Set the HOME Environment Variable: Before running the installation script, set the HOME environment variable to the directory where you want to install the oneAPI base kit. You can do this with the export command in the terminal

export HOME=/path/to/your/directory

Replace /path/to/your/directory with the actual path to the directory where you want to install the oneAPI base kit

Run the Installation Script: Navigate to the directory where you saved the oneAPI base kit package and run the installation script

Remember, the Intel oneAPI base kit has certain system requirements. Make sure your system meets these requirements before attempting to install the oneAPI base kit.

I hope this helps!

Thanks
David
0 Kudos