Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

What ar the advantege using C/C++ Intel´s compiler?

OliveiraKOL
Beginner

I´d like to understand more the advantage of using C/C++ Intel´s compiler to build my source codes.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
david72
Beginner

@OliveiraKOL wrote:

I´d like to understand more the advantage of using C/C++ Intel´s compiler to build my source codes.

The Intel C/C++ compiler offers several advantages for building your source codes:

1. Performance: The Intel C/C++ compiler is highly tuned for Intel processors, which can lead to improved performance of the compiled code. The compiler also includes advanced optimization techniques, some of which are specific to Intel architecture.
  2. Support for Latest Standards: The compiler supports the latest C++ and OpenMP standards, as well as the latest Intel architectures.
  3. Integration with Intel Performance Libraries: This can help boost application performance.
  4. Adoption of LLVM: The Intel C/C++ compiler has adopted the LLVM open source infrastructure, which brings numerous benefits such as faster build times and support for the latest C++ language standards.
  5. Debugging Support: Most compilers, including Intel’s, include a number of debugging tools that can help programmers find and fix errors in their code.
  6. Portability: Compilers allow programmers to write code in a high-level programming language that can be easily translated into machine code for a variety of different platforms.
  7. Increased Security: Compilers can help improve the security of software by performing a number of checks on the source code.
Remember, the choice of compiler can depend on various factors such as the specific requirements of your project, the hardware you’re targeting, and your personal preferences.

Thanks
0 Kudos