Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

icpx segmentation fault openmp offloading

Jakub_H
Novice

Hello,

I am getting a segfault when compiling an OpenMP offloading code using icpx.

The command line:

icpx -std=c++17 -g -O3 -save-temps -v -fiopenmp -fopenmp-targets=spir64 -m64 -DMKL_ILP64 -DMKL_ILP64 -I"/glob/development-tools/versions/oneapi/2023.0/oneapi/mkl/2023.0.0/include" source.cpp -o program.x -fiopenmp -fopenmp-targets=spir64 -fsycl -L/glob/development-tools/versions/oneapi/2023.0/oneapi/mkl/2023.0.0/lib/intel64 -lmkl_sycl -lmkl_intel_ilp64 -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core -lsycl -lOpenCL -lstdc++ -lpthread -lm -ldl

The flags and linker options were taken from the link line advisor.

icpx --version:

Intel(R) oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler 2023.0.0 (2023.0.0.20221201)
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /glob/development-tools/versions/oneapi/2023.0/oneapi/compiler/2023.0.0/linux/bin-llvm
Configuration file: /glob/development-tools/versions/oneapi/2023.0/oneapi/compiler/2023.0.0/linux/bin-llvm/../bin/icpx.cfg

I was running it on the login node of the intel oneapi devcloud.

The source code and the stderr output is attached below. The source code is not functional and would crash during runtime, I stripped it down to contain as little code as possible while still causing the issue. The problem is the segfault during compile time.

Thanks in advance for investigating this.

Jakub

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Intel forums.

We are able to reproduce the issue on our end. We are working on it and will get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

VeenaJ_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. Fix is available from 2024.2. Please download and let us know if this resolves your issue. We will be closing this thread from our side, If the issue still persists with new release then create a new thread for us to investigate. 

Regards,

Veena

0 Kudos