Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1661 Discussions

Batch job exceeding wall time and qdel not working

MajdiAS
Beginner

Hello,

Yesterday I submitted a batch job to devcloud_login (S10PAC option). I set the walltime to 6 hours, however today I found that the job was still running with an elapsed time of 21 hours. I tried to kill the job using qdel to resubmit, however I was getting the following message "qdel: Server could not connect to MOM <job number>.v-qsvr-fpga.aidevcloud".

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
aikeu
Employee

Hi JyothisV_Intel,

I think this is a platform related issue so I will refer this thread to the devcloud FPGA platform team.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

To assist you further, can you confirm which Intel DevCloud you are using? Is it Intel DevCloud for oneAPI or Intel DevCloud for Edge or Intel DevCloud for FPGA?

Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
MajdiAS
Beginner

Just an update, the job is still running, at 92 hours elapsed time. 

0 Kudos
MajdiAS
Beginner

I am using the Intel DevCloud for FPGA, using the Stratix 10 (S10PAC option) specifically.

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi JyothisV_Intel,

I think this is a platform related issue so I will refer this thread to the devcloud FPGA platform team.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
MajdiAS
Beginner

Hi,

Any updates on your side? I am still not able to kill the job (which has been running for 425 hours). I cannot use the kill -9 command as the qsub command does not show up. The qdel MOM issue is also still present.

Best,

Majdi

0 Kudos
MajdiAS
Beginner

The problem is now solved. Thank you.

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Sorry for the delay and glad to know that your issue is resolved. We will no longer monitor this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos