Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1596 Discussions

Compile AOSP 14 on Intel DevCloud

PriyaRanjanSamal24

Hello team!

I am a new user to DevCloud. I have noticed that I don't have sudo access either. I want to compile AOSP 14 with the help of DevCloud. Could you guys tell me if it is possible or not ?  What are the steps to install necessary tools to build AOSP 14 ?

Hoping for a positive reply...

0 Kudos
10 Replies
SreedeviK_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. 

Sorry for the inconvenience, User's don't have admin privileges in DevCloud. We could see that for installation of AOSP 14 requires sudo permission.

Intel DevCloud is a shared environment which comes with pre-installed validated Intel oneAPI software and complimentary packages. 

As a policy we do not install custom (open source or 3rd party licensed) software to the environment.

If this resolves your issue, kindly mark it as a solution as this would help others with a similar issue.

Regards,

Sreedevi

0 Kudos
PriyaRanjanSamal24

I have synced the AOSP source, and also started the build. But it failed for some error. That's not the actual issue. But the fact is that my devcloud account got deactivated for no reason and even got expired just a few minutes later. I didn't break any of the t&c as I was not doing anything which was not acceptable by Intel. Still my account got deactivated. Why ?

SreedeviK_Intel

Hi,

We are checking on your issue internally and will get back to you with an update shortly.

To assist you further, can you please provide the User ID of your Intel DevCloud for oneAPI account?

Regards,

Sreedevi

0 Kudos
PriyaRanjanSamal24

Yeah here is my ID which was listed below the deactivation mail :- ID:300005654658 / 208380 / 77555

I hope that my issue gets fixed

Help would be appreciated a lot

0 Kudos
SreedeviK_Intel

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

To assist you better, could you please provide the details as requested below:

1. Kindly share userID of Intel DevCloud for oneAPI as given below:

While you sign-in to the link https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/, you can see an userID given at the top right corner of the page as below:

SreedeviK_Intel_0-1702459945534.jpeg

2. Can you please share with us the error you face while building AOSP 14 in Intel DevCloud for oneAPI?

3.Could you please elaborate the purpose of compiling AOSP 14 in Intel DevCloud for oneAPI? 

Regards,

Sreedevi

0 Kudos
PriyaRanjanSamal24

1. As my account is already deactivated, and my Intel devcloud subscription has already been expired from Intel's side, so I am unable to login, but I remember my user ID. My user ID was u208380.

2. The error I faced was due to some issues in AOSP's source which was fixable by me.

3. I choosed Intel DevCloud OneAPI for compiling AOSP because I found it an appropriate medium by which I could compile AOSP and could generate test results as I am an AOSP Developer by profession, Intel DevCloud for OneAPI helped me a lot, but this inconvenience really disappointed me.

Hope this issue gets fixed.

I really need OneAPI for my developmental requirements.

Help would be appreciated a lot.

0 Kudos
SreedeviK_Intel

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused as your account for Intel DevCloud for oneAPI got deactivated.

Kindly requesting you to open a new account here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/forms/devcloud/enrollment.html

If you face any issues, please connect back to us. 

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue.

Regards,

Sreedevi

0 Kudos
SreedeviK_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please confirm if your issue is resolved or not?

Regards,

Sreedevi

0 Kudos
Giovannienzo
Novice

That's truly perplexing – experiencing a sudden deactivation and expiration of your Devcloud account while syncing AOSP source and building. It's worth reaching out to Intel's support to investigate this unexpected account issue; they might provide insights and help reinstate your access. 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Giovannienzo   "It's worth reaching out to Intel's support to investigate this unexpected account issue"

Is that not what the user is doing by posting here?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos