Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1658 Discussions

Connection timed out Intel dev cloud for edge container playground

Dark-Sama
Beginner

I was using Intel dev cloud for edge container playground container, where when I was cloning repo from GitHub, it showed me unable to access repo*, connection timed out. 

I also got into jupyterlab coding ENVIRONMENT and tried to run the project which needed a network connection by connecting to pyrogram. It didn't connect with error: "connection failed, timed out" I Perhaps in my Intel dev cloud account for edge container playground, am not granted with any internet or network connection. Please help me out!!

I don't know if this is with my account activation, but I am able to use bare metal and jupyter notebook extensions provided on Intel devcloud, I am only getting such network issues in  Container playground. As far as I know, my account is activated.

I have attached the screenshot too.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hairul_Intel

Hi Dark-Sama,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We're investigating this issue and will update you on any findings as soon as possible.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
Dark-Sama
Beginner
Thanks for the reply. I will patiently wait for any update or solution regarding the problem I have been facing since the container playground was under maintenance the last year.
0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi Dark-Sama,

Thank you for your patience.

Please provide the following information for further investigation from our side:

1. Are you launching the Bare Metal environment and trying to clone a repository to your home directory?
  2. Were you launching JupyterLab within the Container Playground environment?
  3. Please share detailed steps (commands used, codes, etc.) on how to reproduce the issue.
  4. Please provide a minimal Python script for reproduction of the issue.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
Dark-Sama
Beginner

Okay here the details you need
(1) No
(2) Yes!
(3) I tried to clone my github repo via git clone and it returned the code with "unable to access repo*, cant connect to github port 443, connection failed."
(4) I used terminal. Morever please try to clone any github repository through docker file section under import resources in container playground. As far as I have tried, I am sure the build will fail because You will not be able to clone the repo.

I hope this explains everything. Please let me know if you want to know more. Anyhow the screenshot of log after the failed build is attached.

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi Dark-Sama,

Thank you for sharing the information.

We're investigating this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos