Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oluwatosin
New Contributor I

Execution of serial code on 1 physical core of Gold 6128 and E-2176G processors on the devcloud

Hello,
I need to get the execution time of a serial code on 1 physical core of the gold 6128 and E-2176G processors. How do I request for 1 physical core with the qsub command. I have tried using (Gold 6128) :

qsub -I -l ncpus=1,

qsub -I -l procs=1,

but I still obtain same timings as when I request using: qsub -I -l nodes=1:ppn=2

Thank you.

Kind regards

Oluwatosin.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us .

We are checking on this issue internally and will get back to you soon with the updates.

Regards,

Raeesa

Oluwatosin
New Contributor I

Alright, thank you!

RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Could you please try the below qsub command to request for 1 physical core :

qsub -l nodes=1:ppn=1

which gives us an allocation of 1 core on one node.

Let us know the updates.

Thanks and Regards,

Raeesa

Oluwatosin
New Contributor I

Hello, 

I get this: 

ERROR in qsub arguments:

Compute nodes in this cabinet are configured with 2 slots per node,
but you included the argument "-l nodes=1:ppn=1", which results in 1 slot per node.
With this argument, your application will not have full control over its node(s).
Please run with "-l nodes=1:ppn=2" instead.

RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

We are checking on this issue internally. Please give us some time, we will get back to you with the updates.

Thanks and Regards,

Raeesa

RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. We were checking from our end regarding requesting a single physical core and tried different methods from our end but unfortunately requesting 1 physical core is not possible. Lets us know if you have any further queries. Can we discontinue monitoring this thread ?

Regards,

Raeesa

Oluwatosin
New Contributor I

Yes, you can discontinue monitoring the thread. Thank you.

RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for the confirmation. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Raeesa