Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

Getting Started in devcloud and local machine

Alechiove
Beginner

Hi! I'm new to intel one api, and I'm trying to do some of the basic stuff in order to learn how to do a university project.

I was trying to learn how to use the oneapi libraries from the devcloud, and I followed these steps from VSCode terminal:

ssh devloud

oneapi-cli

-> downloaded the matrix_mul script

cd <folder_of_downloaded_sample>

make

./matrix_mul_dpc

Then, I got the following output:

Device: Intel Xeon Processor (Skylake, IBRS)
Problem size: c(150,600) = a(150,300) * b(300,600)
Segmentation fault

Process exceeded login node resource limit.
Please run jobs on compute nodes using qsub or start an interactive shell using qsub -I.
Please visit the forums at: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-devcloud

What can I do? do I need to "refresh" resources?

Also, I'm attaching a problem on my local pc (MacBook Pro M1) too. If you're able to help I would really appreciate it!

I downloaded a simple MergeSort program with the oneapi-cli.

Then I opened a new terminal through VSCode and did the following steps

source <path_to_setvars>/setvars.sh

make

This is the error that I keep getting after:

icpc -c -O3 -ipo -qopenmp -std=c++11 -o release/merge_sort.o src/merge_sort.cpp
make: icpc: No such file or directory
make: *** [release/merge_sort.o] Error 1

Thanks in advance for the support!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know. As your issues are addressed, we will close this thread now. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Error 1: Segmentation fault. Process exceeded login node resource limit.

You are getting this error as you're running your sample on Login node. There's a certain resource limit set on login node and high workloads wouldn't be possible. Please access a compute node with the below command and run the sample.

qsub -I

Error 2: make: *** [release/merge_sort.o] Error 1

Possible reason why you're getting this error might be because of the incorrect order of the command. Please try the below command and see if the issue still persists.

icpc -c -O3 -ipo -qopenmp -std=c++11 <complete path of the file>/merge_sort.cpp -o <complete path where the file needs to be saved>/merge_sort.o

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This helps others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
Alechiove
Beginner

First of all, Thanks for the Reply

Secondly, i solved the problem with the devcloud compiling and now i'm starting doing practice.

But i didn't solve the problem on my local mac.

Here's the errors that i get:

bash: icpc: command not found

I think the bash is not getting the icpc compiler during execution... how can i make sure to select it?

Thank a lot in advance!

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for confirming and we apologize for the delay caused. We could see that you're trying out icpc on MacOS with M1 processor. The Download page doesn't include Intel oneAPI classic compilers. Please find it below:

AlekhyaV_Intel_0-1674525046521.png

However, as per the Intel oneAPI HPC toolkit system requirements, MacOS support exists with Mac Computers with Intel processors only. Please try out in a Mac machine with Intel processors to run use oneAPI compilers without any issues.

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This helps others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
Alechiove
Beginner

ok, i will try on a intel Mac.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know. As your issues are addressed, we will close this thread now. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos