Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1650 Discussions

can't submit job via qsub on devcloud for the edge

kunger
Beginner

I'm trying to submit a task through qusb, my command is qsub -I -l nodes=1:intel-data-center-gpu-flex-170,walltime=5:00:00 -d . but the system returns an error :qsub: submit error (Job rejected by all possible destinations (check syntax, queue resources, ...))

I see the node is free via pbsnodes, Please tell me how to troubleshoot the error

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

could you clarify:

1. Your reference to those steps (URL, etc)
  2. Detailed steps and commands that you did till point of issue
  3. Your use case

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos
kunger
Beginner

I am not sure what to clarify. As I tried to execute the command, I am using qsub to apply for a node with intel-data-center-gpu-flex-170, on which I hope to run LLM inference. My question is why this command would fail, since I am sure that the node with intel-data-center-gpu-flex-170 is idle, and I have confirmed the status of the node using the pbsnodes command. Therefore, I would like to ask why this command would fail. Is it because the walltime I set when applying is too high? If so, what is the maximum walltime for requesting a node on Intel devcloud for the edge? Or is there something wrong with my command?

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

In that case, could you try:

Add to bash script: # PBS -l walltime=24:00:00 

and run qsub again

Try to increase or decrease your walltime to see if it makes any differences.

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos