Intel® Developer Cloud
Help connecting to or getting started on Intel® Developer Cloud

SSH questions

brucechen057
Beginner

On Monday (11/27/23), I was able to use SSH to log in to the cloud, but I am unable to do so at this moment. I didn't change any settings after that. 

It's what I get: Permission denied (publickey).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Elmer_Intel

Hi brucechen057,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You may follow these steps from beginning as per Setup - SSH Keys to regenerate new SSH public key.

1. Terminate the Intel® Developer Cloud instance and re-launch the new instance.
  2. Wait a few minutes to allow provisioning in progress.
  3. Navigate to View Instance and refresh the page.
  4. From View Instances, click on Click Here to copy the SSH command and paste it into the terminal or command prompt.
  5. The welcome message will display after accessing the batch service instance.

Please ensure that the public key is in your profile before starting an instance.

If the error persists, please provide us your Intel® Developer Cloud instance details as follows:

Instance ID:

Instance Type:

Start Time:

End Time:

Regards,

Elmer

0 Kudos
brucechen057
Beginner

I'm using the "Training and Workshops" feature by launching the Jupyter notebook, so there is no instance showing on the instance page.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 11.48.36 AM.png

I tried to login with the following instructions. I used to do that earlier this week.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 11.49.21 AM.png

0 Kudos
Elmer_Intel

Hi brucechen057,

Thank you for providing the information.

I will inform the relevant team regarding this issue and we will get back to you later.

Regards,

Elmer

0 Kudos
Elmer_Intel

Hi brucechen057,

For your information, our developer disabled SLURM SSH in Intel Developer Cloud due to security concerns.

Therefore, Linux commands can be used in Jupyterhub terminal only.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Regards,

Elmer

0 Kudos
Elmer_Intel

Hi brucechen057,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided information. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Elmer

0 Kudos