Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Custom kernels for VPU (NCS2).

SergeyMalykhin
Beginner

Hi,

I faced an issue with custom kernel implementation for VPU (NCS2) - probably you can advise anything.

I'm using Ubuntu 20.4 and OpenVINO 2021.4.689 (latest version) - demos running fine on NCS2.

But when I'm building custom kernel from github (https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino/tree/master/inference-engine/src/vpu/custom_kernels) with OpenCL compiler I have issues:
Could not find first stage linker script! Check CMake configuration for SHAVE_LDSCRIPT_DIR or override it as an environment variable.
Could not find second stage linker script! Check CMake configuration for SHAVE_LDSCRIPT_DIR or override it as an environment variable.

Build command is:
clc st.cl -o st.bin -d ma2x8x

FYI - I installed everything as in docs - https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_linux.html
and prepared for custom kernels implementation as here - https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_IE_DG_Extensibility_DG_VPU_Kernel.html

Please let me know if it's some known issue or probably I missed something.

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi SergeyMalykhin,

Could you try sourcing the cltools_setenv.sh script under /opt/intel/openvino_2021/deployment_tools/tools/cl_compiler/bin/?

I was able to compile st.cl without any issues after sourcing the cltools_setenv.sh script.

source /opt/intel/openvino_2021/bin/setupvars.sh 

cd /opt/intel/openvino_2021/deployment_tools/tools/cl_compiler/bin/

source cltools_setenv.sh ma2x8x

./clc ~/Downloads/custom_kernels/st.cl -o ~/Downloads/custom_kernels/st.bin -d ma2x8x

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are still investigating this issue and will get back to you at the earliest.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi SergeyMalykhin,

Could you try sourcing the cltools_setenv.sh script under /opt/intel/openvino_2021/deployment_tools/tools/cl_compiler/bin/?

I was able to compile st.cl without any issues after sourcing the cltools_setenv.sh script.

source /opt/intel/openvino_2021/bin/setupvars.sh 

cd /opt/intel/openvino_2021/deployment_tools/tools/cl_compiler/bin/

source cltools_setenv.sh ma2x8x

./clc ~/Downloads/custom_kernels/st.cl -o ~/Downloads/custom_kernels/st.bin -d ma2x8x

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
SergeyMalykhin
Beginner

Hi Jesus,

Thanks. That worked for me.

Best regards,

Sergey

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hello Sergey,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos