Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6405 Discussions

Error in the last step of building OpenVINO runtime for Mac

hongbo-wei
Novice

I want to build OpenVINO runtime to test my contributed program for MatrixInverse - GitHub Issue 22957 , and I follow the instructions in Mac (ARM)

In the second last step, I run

cmake -G "Ninja Multi-Config" -DENABLE_SYSTEM_PUGIXML=ON -DENABLE_SYSTEM_SNAPPY=ON -DENABLE_SYSTEM_PROTOBUF=ON ..

and was told that couldn't find Protobuf even it is installed using `brew`. I therefore concatenated `-DPROTOBUF_LIBRARY=~/opt/homebrew/opt/protobuf` in the command, and run it. No error.

In the last step I encountered an error that says `'protobuf::libprotobuf-NOTFOUND'`.

ninja: error: 'protobuf::libprotobuf-NOTFOUND', needed by '/Users/hongbo_wei/downloads/GitHub/openvino/bin/arm64/Release/libopenvino_tensorflow_frontend.2024.2.0.dylib', missing and no known rule to make it

0 Kudos
6 Replies
hongbo-wei
Novice

I then set the environment path for CMake using the right path to protobuf, but the build system still cannot find it

export CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/homebrew/opt/protobuf
export CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/homebrew/opt/protobuf

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi Hongbo-wei,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please share the following information with us so that we can further investigate the issue?

• Version of macOS
  • Version of Python
  • Hardware

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
hongbo-wei
Novice

@Wan_Intel 

• Version of macOS - 14.4.1 (23E224)
  • Version of Python - 3.11.0
  • Hardware - Apple M2 Max (ARM 64)

Thank you for helping me!

: )
0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi Hongbo-wei,

Thanks for sharing the information.

We'll investigate the issue and update you as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your support.

Regards,

Wan

Wan_Intel

Hi Hongbo-wei,

Thanks for your patience.

For your information, we noticed that you’ve opened a similar question at the following GitHub thread:

https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino/issues/22957

On another note, OpenVINO™ GitHub developer closed the GitHub thread above as completed and mentioned the issue was fixed in the following pull request:

https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino/pull/23881

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi Hongbo-wei,

Thanks for your patience.

If you need additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos