Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Failed to install OpenVINO on Linux OS

xinyi
Employee

when using the Linux system try to download the openvino 2022.1.0 version, it returned with the error of no matching distribution found for openvino[onnx,pytorch]==2022.1.0.
The python version is 3.7.4 and the pip is the latest. 

CPU on test server: Xeon E5-2690 

CPU on test laptop: Core i7-10510U

@WendyWu 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Megat_Intel

Hi xinyi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The error occurs because pip is not updated to the highest version. I got the same error when I tried to install OpenVINO™ Runtime without updating my pip version here:

linux_install_1.png

Use the command "python -m pip install --upgrade pip" to update pip to the highest version. For your information, I am able to install OpenVINO™ Runtime after updating pip. I share my results here:

linux_install_2.png

linux_install_3.png

Please note that OpenVINO™ Runtime does not provide the extra parameters for deep learning frameworks. To install and configure the components to work with ONNX & PyTorch, you need to install OpenVINO™ Development Tools using the following command: "pip install openvino-dev[onnx,pytorch]". I have successfully installed OpenVINO™ Development Tools as shown below:

linux_install_4.png

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi xinyi,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos