Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Issue compiling inference-tutorials-generic samples

PeterFerranti
Beginner

It says it cant find gflags but I know its installed to the latest version.

-- InferenceEngine_DIR=/opt/intel/openvino_2020.3.194/deployment_tools/inference_engine/share
-- CMAKE_MODULE_PATH=/opt/intel/openvino_2020.3.194/deployment_tools/inference_engine/share/../samples/cmake
-- Looking for inference engine configuration file at: /home/localadmin/Desktop/WORKSPACES/OpenVINO/inference-tutorials-generic-openvino_toolkit_2019_r1_0/face_detection_tutorial/share
-- CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE not defined, 'Release' will be used
CMake Error at /home/localadmin/Desktop/WORKSPACES/OpenVINO/inference-tutorials-generic-openvino_toolkit_2019_r1_0/face_detection_tutorial/cmake/CMakeLists_common.cmake:135 (message):
  The required 'gflags' library was not found in the Inference Engine's
  samples at:
  /opt/intel/openvino_2020.3.194/deployment_tools/inference_engine/share/../samples/thirdparty/gflags
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:17 (include)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/localadmin/Desktop/WORKSPACES/OpenVINO/inference-tutorials-generic-openvino_toolkit_2019_r1_0/face_detection_tutorial/step_2/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Did you try to uninstall and re-install your cmake? (CMake 3.4 OR Higher)

You can refer here for CMake installation: https://cmake.org/download/

If you are using Windows, it's better to go with .msi

Do let me know if the problem still persist after the re-installation

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
WangSiqi
Novice

Hi, I ran into the exact same problem when I make the step_1 demo. I tried reinstall cmake but problem remains.

It turned out that the newest version of openvino stores the gflag file in the "/opt/intel/openvino_2020.3.194/deployment_tools/inference_engine/share/../samples/cpp/thirdparty/gflags" directory. 

You need to configure the cmake file in the cmake directory:

~/tutorials/inference-tutorials-generic/face_detection_tutorial/cmake$   gedit CMakeLists_common.cmake

replace line 29 with the following code:

set(InferenceEngine_Samples_DIR "$ENV{InferenceEngine_DIR}/../samples/cpp" )

Hopes it solves your problem~

0 Kudos