Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

LibarmPlugin.so and Gstreamer Plugin missing

Duggy
New Contributor I

Hi,

Have been trying to install OpenVino on Raspberry Pi 4 and then run multi camera multi tracking demo. 

I receive 2 errors that I cant seem to resolve:

GStreamer warning installation is missing a required plugin (but doesnt say which or how to resolve) and

Cannot load library 'libarmPlugin.so' : LibrarmPlugin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

I have installed on Raspberry Pi 4 Arm64 without NCS2 stick (for now). Openvino installed successfully it seems by unpacking the l_openvino_toolkit_runtime_raspian_p_2021.4.582.tgz, running cmake and setting up the environment variables (as per docs.openvinotoolkit.org). The multi Camera Multi Target Python Demo also seemed to have installed correctly but complains as per the above when running the py file.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi Duggy,

Regarding the Gstreamer Plugin missing, have a look at your previous post.

OpenVINO™ Toolkit for Raspbian OS Package only supports Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 (NCS2).

In order to use OpenVINO™ ARM CPU plugin, you have to build OpenVINO™ from source code first and then build the OpenVINO™ ARM CPU plugin.

For your information, we had tested running Object Detection Demo with person-vehicle-bike-detection-crossroad-0078 model to observe the performance differences between ARM CPU and NCS2. We obtained 0.2 FPS using ARM CPU (Raspberry Pi 4B) and 2 FPS using NCS2 on Raspberry PI 4.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Duggy,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos