Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Neural Compute Stick 2 on Windows 10

bartlino
New Contributor I

If I am getting started with the NCS2 on Windows 10 where there seems to be a nice video getting started:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/videos/getting-started-with-the-intel-ncs-2-on-windows.html

Do I need to install the entire Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Windows* 10 as mentioned on these steps:

https://docs.openvino.ai/2021.1/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_windows.html

It seems like in the video the model optimizer (mo) is used to setup the NCS2 just curious if its possible to install the mo stand alone or if the entire distribution is needed. I am mostly experimenting with Python based scripts through PyPi version of OpenVINO I can install through pip.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Bartlino,

Thanks for reaching out.

First of all, the latest version of OpenVINO™ is the 2022.2 version. Since the OpenVINO™ 2022.1 release, development tools which are Model Optimizer, Post-Training Optimization Tool, Model Downloader and other Open Model Zoo tools, Accuracy Checker, and Annotation Converter are not part of the installer. These tools are now only available on pypi.org.

Once you have installed OpenVINO, follow the Configurations For Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 (NCS2) depending on your operating system to work with NCS2. For Windows, no configuration step is needed.

Regards,

Aznie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Bartlino,

Thanks for reaching out.

First of all, the latest version of OpenVINO™ is the 2022.2 version. Since the OpenVINO™ 2022.1 release, development tools which are Model Optimizer, Post-Training Optimization Tool, Model Downloader and other Open Model Zoo tools, Accuracy Checker, and Annotation Converter are not part of the installer. These tools are now only available on pypi.org.

Once you have installed OpenVINO, follow the Configurations For Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 (NCS2) depending on your operating system to work with NCS2. For Windows, no configuration step is needed.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
bartlino
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
bouachalazhar
Beginner

I install the last version with pip but I can't detect NCS2 when I connect it.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Bartlino,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos