Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Not able to run GPU inferencing in Sandbox

kbillore
Employee

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021.4.582\Intel\OpenVINO\omz_demos_build\intel64\Release>interactive_face_detection_demo.exe -i sample_video.mp4 -m "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021.4.582\deployment_tools\open_model_zoo\tools\downloader\intel\face-detection-adas-0001\FP32\face-detection-adas-0001.xml" -d GPU
InferenceEngine: IE version ......... 2021.4
Build ........... 0
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Loading device GPU
[ ERROR ] Failed to create plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021.4.582\deployment_tools\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\clDNNPlugin.dll for device GPU
Please, check your environment
Cannot load library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021.4.582\deployment_tools\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\clDNNPlugin.dll': 126 from cwd: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021.4.582\Intel\OpenVINO\omz_demos_build\intel64\Release

clDNNPlugin.dll is present in below dir but still problem.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021.4.582\Intel\OpenVINO\omz_demos_build\intel64\Release" 

There is no issue in GPU inferencing in windows native but issue is happening when trying to run in Sandbox environment.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peh_Intel

Hi kbillore,

Intel Graphics Driver is required to be installed in Windows in order to use GPU plugin in OpenVINO™ toolkit.

You are getting errors when running the demo in Windows Sandbox because the Intel Graphics Driver is not installed. You can have a look on Device Manager.

From my side, Microsoft Virtual Render Driver is the only driver detected in Device Manager in the Windows Sandbox but not the Intel Graphics Driver. I’ve tried to install the Intel Graphics Driver by referring to this article. However, both methods ended up with Windows in Sandbox determined Microsoft Virtual Render Driver is already the best driver for the device and unable to update the driver to Intel Graphics Driver. As such, OpenVINO™ demo unable to run with GPU plugin in Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Peh

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi kbillore,

Intel Graphics Driver is required to be installed in Windows in order to use GPU plugin in OpenVINO™ toolkit.

You are getting errors when running the demo in Windows Sandbox because the Intel Graphics Driver is not installed. You can have a look on Device Manager.

From my side, Microsoft Virtual Render Driver is the only driver detected in Device Manager in the Windows Sandbox but not the Intel Graphics Driver. I’ve tried to install the Intel Graphics Driver by referring to this article. However, both methods ended up with Windows in Sandbox determined Microsoft Virtual Render Driver is already the best driver for the device and unable to update the driver to Intel Graphics Driver. As such, OpenVINO™ demo unable to run with GPU plugin in Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Peh

kbillore
Employee

hi Peh,

I am using GPU para-virtualized driver  GPU inferecing is working in Windows for Linux 2 and Windows native both with the same driver.

So, you mean to say in Windows sandbox "Microsoft Virtual Render Driver" is working and not the same reflected in sandbox even vGPU enabled in sandbox configuration file.?

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi kbillore,

My driver in Windows native is Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 but the driver in the Windows Sandbox is Microsoft Virtual Render Driver. Even though manually install from GPU para-virtualized driver in Sandbox, the driver in the Sandbox is still Microsoft Virtual Render Driver.

I had also tried with the vGPU enabled and disabled in Sandbox configuration file. When vGPU enabled, the driver is still the Microsoft Virtual Render Driver while vGPU disabled, there would be totally don’t have the GPU driver.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
kbillore
Employee

can you please share the way to check driver version in sandbox. You can ping me in teams (kaushal.billore@intel.com) as well. thanks!

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi kbillore,

You can check the driver in Device Manager in Windows Sandbox as usual as in Windows native. I attach the screenshot of my Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
kbillore
Employee

yes, driver version is not same in windows native and sandbox. I tried installing driver but no luck. there should be someway to map drivers as well. else no point to install because driver will require reboot and in sanbox if reboot then everything gone. interesting. pls educate if you know anyway. thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi kbillore,

Ya, I totally agree with you. And looking through Windows Sandbox’s properties, it mentions about Microsoft hypervisor and virtual GPU. Due to these, from my point of view, it might not be possible to map the Intel Graphics Driver into Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
kbillore
Employee

Interesting. It means GPU inferencing in Windows Sandbox not possible, until Sandbox will not have or reflect same windows native gfx para-virtualized driver.

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi kbillore,

Thanks for summarizing this discussion. I think we’ve covered all the bases quite nicely and there’s nothing more to add.

Shall I proceed to close this thread?

Thanks,

Peh

0 Kudos
kbillore
Employee

Sure, for time being we can close this. if we get any further doubts or update. we can open another thread. thanks!

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi kbillore,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided answers. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos