Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

RE: OpenVino LTS June/July Release Questions

Residentx
New Contributor III

I need some help with OpenVINO on MACOS.

I need to verify/find out where the files are on MACOS. I'm a windows user.  I had to spend a month on CrapAIR while my new unit was built and delivered.

Each version of OpenVINO adds numbers to install the location but I can never find the location where they are installed. I cannot find/see the OPT directory:

I've posted some screenshots:

a. System Folders (10:05)

b. Profile Folders (10:24)

Here are my questions:

1. Is there a way to hide and unhide directories on MacOS? Could I have possibly done this by accident?

2. Is there a list of where the files are so I can look for them? I need to verify so I can remove them and do a fresh install.

I think this covers my issues with OpenViNO LTS on MacOS.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Residentx
New Contributor III
  • /home/<user>/inference_engine_samples
  • /home/<user>/openvino_models

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Wan_Intel

Hi Residentx,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For your information, the default installation directory path for the OpenVINO™ toolkit is depends on the privileges you choose for the installation.

1.   From the Installation summary, click the ‘Customize’ button.

2.   Choose an installation folder, then click the ‘Next’ button to continue the installation.

3.   OpenVINO™ toolkit will be installed in the desired directory.

You can proceed to download and install later or new version without uninstalling the previous version.

For more information, please refer to Install Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for macOS*

Regards,

Wan

Wan_Intel

Hi Residentx,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. 

If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
Residentx
New Contributor III

@Wan_Intel Did you provide a solution to my issue? I know where the files are stored. I need to remove so I can do a new installation.

Where are the files puts on MacOS?

0 Kudos
Residentx
New Contributor III
  • /home/<user>/inference_engine_samples
  • /home/<user>/openvino_models
0 Kudos
Residentx
New Contributor III

Reactivate so I can mark you as the solution. I was trying to get ready for Intel Innovation last week and I got this work with your help. I had to wipe the mac and start over but I got it done. Thanks.