Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

can I use openvino on AMD cpu?

Thaiyou
Beginner

Hi, I just install openvino on my ubunutu machine with CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor. It sucessfuly installed and ran the benchmark properply.Seems the openvino also can use the MKLDNN plugin.   I am just curious about:

1. why openvino can run on AMD cpu and use MKLDNN. is there anything will limit the performance compare to inter cpu.

2. openvino also can find GNA plugin and run the supported layers. To my understanding, the GNA plugin is only for intel cpu. why it can be used on amd cpu and is there anything will limit the performance compare to intel cpu.

thanks in advance if you could provide some informance.

2 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi Thaiyou,

As for now, Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ is officially supported by Intel Platform only which you may refer to this System Requirements.

Regarding GNA plugin, you can have a look at this documentation.

Other than Intel Platform, we are sorry that we are unable to comment about them.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Thaiyou,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored. 

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos