Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
414 Discussions

EII Time Series package install failed

yi15
Beginner

Screenshot from 2023-11-27 21-26-35.png

This in inquiry about EII install. I can't install eii installr as atachement.
Could you tell me which file I should check to how to write the following. 

# Please populate the below EII DB and UI credentials needed for EII installation. Based on the EII services
# coming up, the below credentials would be used
etcdroot_password:
influxdb_username:
influxdb_password:
minio_access_key:
minio_secret_key:

Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi yi15,

These are values you are defining, Influxdb username and password are used to initialize the database in the datastore microservice. Additional information can be found here: https://eiidocs.intel.com/4.1/pages/getting-started-guide.html#step-4-configure-your-installation

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi yi15,

Thanks for reaching out, the values need to be specified in ~/edge_insights_industrial/config_install.yml. It should be located in the same directory as the edgesoftware binary. In the screenshot above, you are displaying the content of config_install.yml file, just complete the lines.

For example:

etcdroot_password: 'password'

influxdb_user: 'user'

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
yi15
Beginner

Hi Jesus,

Thank you for your reply. To set value in ~/edge_insights_industrial/config_install.yml, Shoul I get influxdb_user and pass for third party ? Or Is there this value in other files?

Regards,

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi yi15,

These are values you are defining, Influxdb username and password are used to initialize the database in the datastore microservice. Additional information can be found here: https://eiidocs.intel.com/4.1/pages/getting-started-guide.html#step-4-configure-your-installation

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
yi15
Beginner

Thank you for your support.
I remembered that etcd password is optional but EIF requires this password as mandatory. Or May I set the blank as "" ? 

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos