Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
412 Discussions

Error receiving message after registering as a new subscriber

Louis8
New Contributor I

I am trying to receive messages sent from Publisher in another container by registering a subscriber. However, the error message below continues to occur. Is there any solution?

ERROR:proto_zmq_subscriber_new:685: Failed to create URI for topic: start_inferencing
ERROR : {} : root : [server.pyin line : [189] : Failed to subscribe to topic "start_inferencing": Failed to subscribe to topic

======== code ==========

sub_msgbus = mb.MsgbusContext(msgbus_cfg)

try:

subscriber = sub_msgbus.new_subscriber(topic)

if subscriber is not None:

metadata, _ = subscriber.recv() self.logger.info(f'[INFO] Control PLC Sub - Receiving:  {metadata}')

else:

self.logger.error(f'[ERROR] Subscriber is None. Subscription might have failed.')

except eii.exc.MessageBusError as e: # Log or print the detailed error information                     

self.logger.error(f'Failed to subscribe to topic "{topic}": {e}')

Inline-image-2023-11-15 14.32.07.066.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Louis8,

Apologies for the delay in my response, could you please share the path/filename to all the files you modified? Where you able to successfully send/receive messages using the steps in my other thread before registering a new subscriber? In the meantime, I am setting up an environment using the latest Edge Insights for Industrial v4.1 to run some tests.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Louis8
New Contributor I

Where I tested it, I put the above code into callback() of server.py.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Apologies for the delay in my response, I have reached out to the development team for further assistance.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Louis8,

Apologies for the delay in our response. We recently released a new version of the software. Would it be possible for you to test on the latest release and create a new issue if you continue to encounter the same error?

Additional details can be found in the documentation: Advanced Guide — Intel® Edge Insights System Documentation v1.0 documentation

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos